£400 Budget

adamraywilson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Actually its not when compared to the guns I pointed out. With a £400 budget you can get a lot better.

Let me explain;

I never base my opinions on bias just on engineering knowledge. G&G internals are made from some of the worst quality materials in the airsoft world.

They are great if you have a low budget but the op says he has £400.

Yes they are easy to upgrade but I would rather recommend something you dont need to.

As for reliable I know an Ics plastic gun that has never had any maintenance (not even cleaned the barrel) in the 3yrs the person has had it and hes fired over a 75,000 rnds he reckons. It rattles 22rnds a second and shoots very well.

Think you can buy them for about £180.

As a comparison my TM mp5k had 6mm plastic bushings, where as my cm16 had 8mm oilite bushings. And my g&g l85 has steel bushings.

My cm16 had some 50k rounds through it, with zero mods, before I decided to open it up to have a play, I could have just lubed it, and rebushed it and it would have been good. But I wanted to jack it.

• Supporters

As a comparison my TM mp5k had 6mm plastic bushings, where as my cm16 had 8mm oilite bushings. And my g&g l85 has steel bushings.

Bushings are only part of the story though. Tms are a weird one to be honest the newer stuff is better but some of the older stuff you do wonder how it works so well. To be honest I would probably pick the krytac or ics over the Tm but being he wanted a cqb M4 had to chuck it in.

G&G l85 isnt a combat masheep I actually quite like them. Would probably still buy the ICS l85 over it though if I was after one.

Not all G&Gs are bad but still stick by the fact of if I was going to spend £400 I wouldn't even consider one.

• Supporters

G&G l85 isnt a combat masheep I actually quite like them. Would probably still buy the ICS l85 over it though if I was after one.

Not all G&Gs are bad but still stick by the fact of if I was going to spend £400 I wouldn't even consider one.

I'll agree with you on the l85, I was just using it as a comparison gun (and one that I own)

I suppose my point is £400 is a lot to spend on a first gun, when you don't even know if your going to stick with it (long term)

I think we should be saying looking at eye pro, boots, batteries, mags, etc etc then see what you have left for a gun

• Supporters

I suppose my point is £400 is a lot to spend on a first gun, when you don't even know if your going to stick with it (long term)

I think we should be saying looking at eye pro, boots, batteries, mags, etc etc then see what you have left for a gun

The OP states in his post he already has all the gear but he bought a jbbg special and now wants something better.

I dont think I personally would ever say any amount of money is too much for a first gun. He gave a £400 budget and was given a £400 budget answer like he requested.

I totally understand your point of view and dont necessarily disagree but prefer just to give the OP the answer he asked for.

But as I always say every answer on here is just someones opinion not airsoft gospel.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.