£400 Budget

adamraywilson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know "best guns" threads are everywhere but in new and have already made the mistake of making a purchase from justbbguns.co.uk (don't do that) and have had so many problems i am now fighting for a full refund.

So i have all the gear and want an m4 and i want to have a fore-grip, tac light and a red dot/ holo

I would also appreciate people telling me the best sites to go to get it and the best type of battery to go with the gun you recommend.

I know you have all probably seen this before but looking for an air-soft rifle can be confusing and overwhelming for a new player like my self

I also play at a site which does not hire guns and currently i am under 18 so i am happy to have a 2 tone and will paint it myself once i have my UKARA

I am also left handed and some rifles i have used have the pistol grip shaped for a righty so wouldn't mind if one you guys recommend is not

And i play at a CQB site.

Thanks for reading and any recommendations

Adam

Welcome to the forum.

Where are you? No one can recommend sites without that basic info.

i am under 18 so i am happy to have a 2 tone and will paint it myself once i have my UKARA

You probably know this, but just in case you don't, Ukara is for adults only. Do JBB sell imitation firearms to non-adults?

Welcome to the forum.

Where are you? No one can recommend sites without that basic info.

You probably know this, but just in case you don't, Ukara is for adults only. Do JBB sell imitation firearms to non-adults?

Hi im from the uk and and no they do not sell to those under 18 it was purchased for me. And i will be 18 end of December which is when i plan to buy my next airsoft gun but will not have the 3 games behind me in the past 2 months.

read this >>> http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

loads of info etc

don't blow £400 on your first gun, you may see one you like better etc

Hi thanks i shall have a read and its not my first gun, and tbh i have the money to spend and with my last gun i felt that alot of the time i was outmatched just by the quality of my gear. If i can get a high quality long lasting gun for less however i will, its just i don't really know what is good and what is not.

Hi im from the uk and and no they do not sell to those under 18 it was purchased for me. And i will be 18 end of December which is when i plan to buy my next airsoft gun but will not have the 3 games behind me in the past 2 months.

I figured from the way you phrased it that you were probably 17, but if not I someone would have asked. :)

If you have met the requirements you should be able to get ukara on your birthday - the requirements to have it: to buy a gun, is to be an adult - but nowhere does it say you can't qualify for it sooner.

Hi thanks i shall have a read and its not my first gun, and tbh i have the money to spend and with my last gun i felt that alot of the time i was outmatched just by the quality of my gear. If i can get a high quality long lasting gun for less however i will, its just i don't really know what is good and what is not.

Airsoft guns are generally comparable by their internal and external quality.

The parts that matter, the barrel/hop assembly and the gearbox+motor are generally of similar design specification in all guns and more importantly can be replaced, while in many cases a more expensive gun will have better internals, the price you will pay will in a large part be for externals you don't 'need' - not unlike cars. I'm not saying buy cheap and upgrade, just buy informed, don't throw £400 at a gun and be surprised that someone else has equal performance from a gun (albeit not necessarily a stock one) half the value.

That said, some manufacturers of unmodified stock (out of the box) guns are of a quality significantly above others.

If i can get a high quality long lasting gun for less however i will,

You can get a perfectly adequate setup for £130-£180. :)

I figured from the way you phrased it that you were probably 17, but if not I someone would have asked. :)

Airsoft guns are generally comparable by their internal and external quality.

The parts that matter, the barrel/hop assembly and the gearbox+motor are generally of similar design specification in all guns and more importantly can be replaced, while in many cases a more expensive gun will have better internals, the price you will pay will in a large part be for externals you don't 'need' - not unlike cars. I'm not saying buy cheap and upgrade, just buy informed, don't throw £400 at a gun and be surprised that someone else with a £200 one has equal performance.

That said, some manufacturers of unmodified stock (out of the box) guns are of a quality significantly above others.

okay thanks for the info would you think the g&g combat machines are a good solid gun i think i may of just looked at the prices of some and dismissed them, i have been told they are good and was wondering if there is a next step up from them.

Thanks

Well it's good at this point that you have decided you want an M4 - will make your gun selection a lot easier. :)

Differently people have different opinions. But almost every manufacturer makes M4s and each has a reputation for internal/external quality between their different ranges, and those reputations are quite consistent thankfully.

If you're buying a gun under £250, and its a plastic/polymer reproduction of a real gun which is typically of metal design, try to get an opportunity to hold one before you part with your money, I don't regret buying a G&G and i am not disappointed, but i cannot deny that I was a little surprised by some things in this respect.

An easy way to restrict your buying choices is to ask yourself what weight of gun you're looking for.

Well it's good at this point that you have decided you want an M4 - will make your gun selection a lot easier. :)

Differently people have different opinions. But almost every manufacturer makes M4s and each has a reputation for internal/external quality between their different ranges, and those reputations are quite consistent thankfully.

If you're buying a gun under £250, and its a plastic/polymer reproduction of a real gun which is typically of metal design, try to get an opportunity to hold one before you part with your money, I don't regret buying a G&G and i am not disappointed, but i cannot deny that I was a little surprised by some things in this respect.

An easy way to restrict your buying choices is to ask yourself what weight of gun you're looking for.

I would do this but there are no places that sell airsoft guns near me and i don't really wan to turn up where i play just so i can ask people to hold their gun haha but thanks for the tip.

• Supporters

JG G36c cqb for lefties ???

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already
Just a good gun with ambidextrous fire select

Mp5 mp5k is an option but my own choice would be g36c
And £250 to £300 change

FFS don't buy a black viper or well d68 - proper stuff from zero one (free 2-tone), Airsoft World, Land Warrior Airsoft, FireSupport, plus others..

Oh and welcome to the " I've been ripped by fatty liar at JBBG club ", you are not alone....

yv56o0O.jpg

If you have done 3 games in 2 months by your 18th birthday as said, the you should be able to get ukara'd
Go to Taiwangun buy JG G36c for £80 and get spring downgraded for free - job done

• Supporters

Regarding Ukara registration your local site should be able to help you with that.

If you have played 3 times in the last year there even though you are not 18 they can fill out your Ukara form soon as you turn 18.

As for what gun with £400 there is plenty of choice, you might not get all the accessories your after straight away but it is worth getting a better base gun.

Look at the Krytac range of M4s very good guns with ambidextrous fire selector.

Some of the Ics Cxp range also have ambi fire selector and mag releases, they are also well built and reliable.

Also worth mentioning for cqb is the TM high cycle m4s, good quality and great for cqb.

You could save cash and get a g&g cm but its not as good and also very common.

At the end of the day its your money spend as much or as little as you like and remember the gun thats best is the one that makes you smile most.

Regarding Ukara registration your local site should be able to help you with that.

If you have played 3 times in the last year there even though you are not 18 they can fill out your Ukara form soon as you turn 18.

As for what gun with £400 there is plenty of choice, you might not get all the accessories your after straight away but it is worth getting a better base gun.

Look at the Krytac range of M4s very good guns with ambidextrous fire selector.

Some of the Ics Cxp range also have ambi fire selector and mag releases, they are also well built and reliable.

Also worth mentioning for cqb is the TM high cycle m4s, good quality and great for cqb.

At the end of the day its your money spend as much or as little as you like and remember the gun thats best is the one that makes you smile most.

Thanks for the info i will have a look into Krytac and thanks for the info on UKARA very usefull :)

JG G36c cqb for lefties ???

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already

Just a good gun with ambidextrous fire select

Mp5 mp5k is an option but my own choice would be g36c

And £250 to £300 change

FFS don't buy a black viper or well d68 - proper stuff from zero one (free 2-tone), Airsoft World, Land Warrior Airsoft, FireSupport, plus others..

Oh and welcome to the " I've been ripped by fatty liar at JBBG club ", you are not alone.

If you have done 3 games in 2 months by your 18th birthday as said, the you should be able to get ukara'd

Go to Taiwangun buy JG G36c for £80 and get spring downgraded for free - job done

Thanks for the info and i know im not alone and cant see how they manage to do it to so many people and get away with it... smh

• Supporters

that's a bit of an unfair assessment, do allow me to explain :-

G&G quality is really really good, very rarely do you hear of one going wrong, and so confident is G&G they offer a 2 year warranty, most other manufacturer offer a year.

But like you say they are common, and there common for a reason, there good and they do work well, out of the box.

i suppose i am a little bias, i do have a CM16, which i never opened until it was over 2 years old. it is a great gun.

you could argue that TM plastics are better, but they at the least twice the price for not that much better (i own a TM MP5K too).

i will grant you that TM hops are better, but not by much real world distance.

don't get me wrong i am not saying that there perfect, but they are very consistent, very affordable, and they do what they say they are going to do, and they are easily up-gradable.

• Supporters

that's a bit of an unfair assessment.

Actually its not when compared to the guns I pointed out. With a £400 budget you can get a lot better.

Let me explain;

I never base my opinions on bias just on engineering knowledge. G&G internals are made from some of the worst quality materials in the airsoft world.

They are great if you have a low budget but the op says he has £400.

Yes they are easy to upgrade but I would rather recommend something you dont need to.

As for reliable I know an Ics plastic gun that has never had any maintenance (not even cleaned the barrel) in the 3yrs the person has had it and hes fired over a 75,000 rnds he reckons. It rattles 22rnds a second and shoots very well.

Think you can buy them for about £180.

• Root Admin

I must agree. G&G are not good quality, but - importantly - they have the correct tolerances and materials for everything to work together. If you piecemeal upgrade them though, that's when you have issues because you're going to be using aftermarket parts with mechanical qualities far superior to the pot metal in them.

Keep them stock or upgrade everything. This is my philosophy with most guns, but I feel with the G&Gs it's even more important.

• Supporters

I just typed up an epic War & Peace novel

Then the dopey pratt's cut through me cable

God works in mysterious ways

But seems you lot have been spared

(For now.......)

Thank god for that at least somethings gone right today.

I am struggling to not kill myself with boredom as is.

Let me do it for you.

I am sittingduck and G&G is the bestest I have bought lots of them but still haven't found the one that makes me really happy so will keep looking. ☺

Is that about it?

• Supporters

About right...

Heck even if I had a TM Krytac HPA mofo

I would still be picking holes in it

I have my age that entitles me to be a grumpy sod and never truely happy with anything. I gotta pick out and criticise stuff no matter what.

Only thing that is nigh on perfect is moi :D

Yeah - the other half thinks I talk way to much bull$hit too

BTW you forgot the usual BEST GUN EVVVVAAAAAHHHH bit

Ditch the M4 idea, get yourself a £270 ICS Galil ARM and breathe in the wood and metal goodness, the ambi-fire-selector and totally badass Tom-Sizemore-in-Heat-look.

• Supporters

No a nerf gun a bright blue and orange one that really fires bbs that would be the best airsoft gun ever.

Been done a few times over at Airsoft Mechanics and some others...

Yellow &Orange we mainly had.

Then I bought jbbg at first

Yeah I learnt the hard way, buying JBBG....

Should of just kept me son's old Nerf's

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.