G17 GBB Feeding Problem

LuckyStudios
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys & Gals,

I have a Well G17 and it works perfectly fine but I can shoot about

3 bb's, then the gun dry fires and I have to pull the side back in order

for it to work. any help would be awesome!

Thank you,

KJ.

Make sure it's some airsoft lubricant, if its 100% silicone oil then you're laughing. Everyone reccomends different brands but they all do the same job. There are two important things to lube: take the slide off and put a little bit on the rails that the slide moves along, then put the slide back, rack it a few times, and wipe away the excess stuff that comes out of the track (and the blob that forms around the back of the frame)

Next, take the slide off, and gently pull the nozzle forwards, you should see inside the nozzle behind it, put a couple of drops in there and one drop into the nozzle itself through the port the magazine feeds gas into

Other than that, maybe a little love for the mags every few games and the trigger mechanism once a year or so.

GBBs are actually tough little things in my experience

• Supporters

Kinda obvious, but are you sure you have enough gas? I have two we g17s, and sometimes that's an issue. Otherwise, oil it up.

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys

I have stark arms g 17s glock. I have a problem with my gun. When I shoot, it shoots only 3 or 4 bb with full power and then slide doesn't go all the way back. So obviously I doesn't load another bb and then blow all the gas out from mag. Could you guys please help me. Thanks. I am using Abbey predator ultra gas.

Hi Guys

I have stark arms g 17s glock. I have a problem with my gun. When I shoot, it shoots only 3 or 4 bb with full power and then slide doesn't go all the way back. So obviously I doesn't load another bb and then blow all the gas out from mag. Could you guys please help me. Thanks. I am using Abbey predator ultra gas.

Have you experienced this with more than one magazine, are you sure the magazine is at capacity on gas?

It's possible this is just the winter cooldown. Have you tried warming the gun(+gassed magazine) up a lot (with your body heat)?

Kudos for appropriate necro, that's so rare here, though your gun is a different brand to the existing content. :D

Have you experienced this with more than one magazine, are you sure the magazine is at capacity on gas?

It's possible this is just the winter cooldown. Have you tried warming the gun(+gassed magazine) up a lot (with your body heat)?

Kudos for appropriate necro, that's so rare here, though your gun is a different brand to the existing content. :D

Hi

Yes I've tried with different mags, I've stripped gun off. After stripped everything off it was fine for first mag with full power. Then second mag the problem came back again with discharging all the gas from mag. Any idea?

Hi Guys

Here is a whole story. I bought this gun while ago and never been used in game apart from test fire (a few times with no problem). Then I had some friends at Christmas part and I was showing off to my friends. Obviously some of them did dry fire by pulling slide back and forth. Next day I took my gun to the game and I had a problem as I mentioned above. On that day temp was quite low as well, it was minus two. I didn't warm up the gun and mag before I used. I put some grease on the slide groove and a few sprays of silicon from my friend at the game site. But it didn't help and still cannot use for whole day. Next day I stripped the gun off and tried to find any visual damaged but I didn't see anything. So I put everything back together and test fire. It was all right for the first mag then I changed second mag and problem came back again. Please advise.

Sounds like it is just suffering with mega cool down issues. Metal slides and winter are not friends. If you want an all year round GBB pistol you should really look at the TM pistols, the plastic slide makes them far better in the cold and a load less likely to freeze up.

Thanks everyone for the reply. Hopefully it's only because of temp.

As I said above, this is very easy to test, put the fully gassed and loaded magazines with the gun into the airing cupboard. Wait an hour or so, discharge one magazine. If that lasts, put the gun back in the airing cupboard wait an hour and try the other magazine, following that go back to the first magazine which as not been heated since last use.

As I said above, this is very easy to test, put the fully gassed and loaded magazines with the gun into the airing cupboard. Wait an hour or so, discharge one magazine. If that lasts, put the gun back in the airing cupboard wait an hour and try the other magazine, following that go back to the first magazine which as not been heated since last use.

Sure I'll give it a try and let you know. Thanks

• 2 years later...

HI I realise this post is somewhat old now but I read through this to try and solve an exact issue.  I've had the gun in as many peices as possible to no affect on fixing the issue. After some close inspection I found that the next bb wasn't being fed his enough for the nozzle to chamber the round so I then looked into the mag. I filed down every sharp edge of the feeding lip and refitted it hoping that would solve the issue but no fix. I then stripped the mag to find that the mag follower had cracked 90% of the way round and the spring presure was causing the follower the flex and catch slightly on the underside of the mag feeding lip. 

On 03/12/2015 at 22:16, LuckyStudios said:

Hi Guys & Gals,

I have a Well G17 and it works perfectly fine but I can shoot about

3 bb's, then the gun dry fires and I have to pull the side back in order

for it to work. any help would be awesome!

Thank you,

KJ.

Archived