Burst Wizard Mosfet 2 vs 3

tia

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, so I've been looking at mosfets, and I love Burst Wizards mosfets!

Website where I found them: http://www.aegwizard.com/Order_Burst_Wizard.html

The version 3 is the "real steel" version 100% Milsim. Does anyone know if this means that

the version 2 has any functions the version 3 doesn't have? Like would you be unable to

increase your ROF like you could with the 2nd version? I'm a bit confused on which version to pick.

The fact that version 3 is able to count how many BBs you shot in full auto is very appealing, but

I don't want to be only able to fire with the ROF of real steel guns...

• Supporters

eh ???

me thinks its getting way way overboard for just shooting with toy guns

I got v2 and the programming was at first a bit of a headf*ck just adjusting a few things

(thankfully it has a clear/reset to default setting)

like most bells n whistles stuff, often way too many options that most won't ever really use/need

rof won't increase - it is just a slight minor delay on each cycle to adjust the rof downwards if required

only got kong2 - yes clever stuff but higher rof 40+ guns - timings need to be be spot on if programming burst

then it starts to become a little out as battery drains a bit during play, but that is due to such a quick burst

tbh - most of time I just use a normal basic fet and leave the bells n whistles

My question is if a version 3 can work the exact same as a version 2, with just some added features. I'd like to use the BB count on auto mode (version 2 only counts semi), but I don't like the real steel ROF function on the version 3, and I wanted to know if that can be disabled.

• Head Moderator

Duck, that box mag is just asking to come out and play on the 27 Feb game.

• Supporters

lol - never used it myself in a game, I have grabbed it to chrono and test the rof on some guns

Duck jnr sometimes brought it out at TWA on some mental long drawn out games

Marshall shakes his head but once it was in the dsg firehawk and marshall borrowed it to test fire a non-hit-taker

(yeah he deffo called it)

mega noobie, needs a strong mag catch as it holds 5k bb's

only got the cheapo manual wind box mags, but does feed a fair amount before needing to be wound

way way overkill & noobie to use in real games unless you try and say you are support - in a CM16 - nah its noobie

got a few 1k fat ak mags that is a little more sedate - I don't run with much tbh

(extra kit just slows me down when I trying to flee and scream like a girl)

Duck, that's exactly what I want to do - make the mosfet "count" up to 40 shots and then simulate a reload, I'll know I have to reload when it stops firing. That way I can reload 80rd cap magazines twice without ever having to dry-fire. Do you use the BW mosfet? If so which version? I want to buy the version 3 but I'm scared it will only allow me to fire with the ROF of a real steel gun.

• Supporters

I have put the BW2 in a G&G HC05 FireHawk only to try and get the poxy full auto only thing to be able to fire in semi

but that was a bit of a headache trying to get used to programming to sod

messed up a number of times but luckily you can easily reset it - think option 15 = reset, then try again

Trick is once setup, REMEMBER not to plug battery and start shooting until led goes out - or you enter program mode

(everytime you change battery - WAIT 5 secs)

AirsoftWorld do the BW2 for about £35 but on some guns you got an option to buy one for £9.99 offer

hence I took them up on this offer - but doubt if I'd spend £35 - £40 if you get deans connectors on a fet I don't fully use

on the 40+ dsg the battery & burst C rating worked/didn't work 101% as at 40+ on 7.4v its going nutz and ultra tiny window for the gun to work 101% accurately on semi every single time 10/10

I set the 3 round burst to just single burst shot to give me semi - keep holding trigger for say 2 secs after 1 shot burst and she goes 40+ full auto

It was a bit of a head-f*ck, reckon took me about 4 times to get it kinda right, really should just drop in a shs dsg sector and cut off lever one day

(don't use the thing really it was just a gimmick and had to get one/review but it is a $hit gun they made trying to bring out a poor dsg)

as Proffink says - email them, but would imagine most stuff can be tweaked/adjusted as it is an impressive mofo

just a bit of a mensa head-f*ck getting ya head around it all at first as I and others have found

but yup - very very tweakable for most guns

crazy $hit rof - hmmm the timings are so crucial that as battery depleted and less juice remained the initial timings on a dsg didn't always work 101% - another tweak on a fresh battery gave me the odd 2-round burst - maybe I could of played with more settings to get it better

but it did kinda do what I wanted - not perfectly as I said but to be fair it was asking a lot at silly mofo speeds

ps - aren't real mags or mil-sims in the order of 30rnd mags

plus depending on mid cap not all feed the very last one or two bb's when counting out every bb from mag

son uses 120-140 ASG Armalite mid-caps, me I just use what ever I got to hand - get out there and try to hit people with my toy gun

never done mil-sim so can't comment but a number of peeps on here do attend some of them

so with my laid back chilled out toy gun gun approach, I'm not the best or most sensible person to ask or speak about mil-sim stuff

could always ring AirsoftWorld & ask if they got BW3 or their views on it, but nope only messed with BW2 I got for a tenner

There's a pretty good series by GI on how to set up your BW mosfet:

I can imagine the mosfet will never perfectly count the shots fired as it does not have a BB sensor (it just makes an estimation), but it should do the job.

And thanks for the tips, I'll just send them an email about the 3rd version and check if it is real steel ROF only.

EDIT: never mind, it has all the same features (source: http://www.aegwizard.com/Home_Page.php)

Yeah that's a little too expensive for me

@Duck I don't have the deans :)

And to put the price of your linked website into perspective, £49.75 = $75.10 (I paid $57)

• Supporters

Yeah that's a little too expensive for me

@Duck I don't have the deans :)

And to put the price of your linked website into perspective, £49.75 = $75.10 (I paid $57)

That is coz it is on offer atm and the final price all depends on how quick you want it

a rough comparison is say just under £50 Vs just under £40 (£38.75ish)

actually shipping times now we are into festive period may be longer than stated

hopefully it will arrive soon but if I wanted something before chrimbo & a UK seller guarantee

to me - the extra £10 isn't such a big deal for something I sought after

btw - if you get the 5% AirsoftWorld discount or Facebook like

that 5% discount comes down to £47.50 (£2.25 discount)

so you actually saved £8.75 in the end (or $13.22)

• Supporters

if you buy a gun from AW and you get the option of a v2 fet for £9.99

then you would have to be a real idiot - bigger idiot than me

if you choose not to grab a multi whistle/bell AB fet for under a tenner

shot counting gadgets - jeez real mofo's like Clint knows if he fired 6 shots or only 5 - punk

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.