Cyma gun not feeding on semi auto

Alicks

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

I recently bought a CYMA 515 M4 (link below). I had the spring downgraded to a guarder m110 when i bought the gun and it has been cycling well and really puts out the shots on full auto.

The cycle rate on semi auto has always been garbage however so i decided to replace the rubbish motor with a new SHS high speed motor.

The gun is now terrifying on full auto for a cheep gun (1200+ rounds per min on a 7volt lipo), however the gun is now not feeding when firing on semi auto.

Feeds like magic on full auto, but only feeds one in 5 i would say on semi and tends to pool in the mag well (which it has never done before).

Could this be remedied by adding a sector chip to the gear? or does it require something else?

Many thanks

Alicks

(Link) http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/cyma-cm-515-m4a1-carbine-w-keymod-handguard-black.htm#.Vl35S1f7tso

• Supporters

Normally have found its in faster full auto you get feed grief

Soz I'm at work atm s can't give much advice other than usual try another mag

Could be nozzle, tappet spring, Is there a spring on hop unit pushing it back still???

Seems weird on semi it has grief

• 2 weeks later...

It could be a case of a farrari engine in a Hyundai. Whilst the motor may give you all the performance u want and rest of the gun just can't take it on semi for what ever reason. Is a bit odd that it's on semi and not full auto. Have u tried other mags? Is the hop unit lined up correctly? On full auto the constant stream of bbs may force each other past but on single shot they are get caught. To b honest I am guessing. Cyma m4s arnt the best, change the mag and the hop unit. Won't cost a lot but worth a go.

Hi thanks for the replies.

I am getting my local tech to look at it, he is also going to install the sector chip to see if it fixes the problem.

I had a thieory that the combination of the motor and batery causing the tappet plate retturning to quick for the bbs to feed, but im not realy techy on aegs so it couldbe anything.

Cheers

Alicks

• Supporters

Always always try another mag or two.

Tbh if you are on 7.4v or 8.6v you won't be going ultra mental past 20rps unless you rewiring deans n MOSFET etc...

The high-speed motor produces aprox 50% over stock, sounds a lot but tbh it ain't mental getting to about 20rps

25rps and some mags/guns show feed issues

30rps and above stuff has be pretty decent

So as long as you ain't pushing 9.6v

to say 11.1v lipo it should of been OK as is

Sounds like it might started playing up soon anyway

Or if spring was downgraded at same time maybe nozzle changed or other stuff ???

Feed problems are a bit of headache at best of times

Best of luck

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.