How to lock G&P M14 DMR OR AEG to semi auto?

Rowjon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I need to know how to lock this rifle to semi-auto as my local site requires so. I don't want to buy a MOFSET and don't particularly want to be filing down/sanding away parts as I know I'll mess something up!

I have heard that just simply putting into semi auto and removing the selector switch would obviously mean it could be move, however if this was to jam, you have to dissasemble the whole thing to fire a few rounds in fully auto which of course is a nuisance and with my limited knowledge of what I'm doing in that department, Id rather not be taking it apart just yet.

Is there a way to say remove the selector switch, and ensure it wont jam?

Cheers for any help!

Link to said rifle: http://airsoftzone.co.uk/m14-dmr-foliage-green-or-aeg-gnp?filter_name=m14 DMR

Simplest way is to glue a small block of plastic to the outside of the receiver just to the left of the selector switch in its semi auto position, to stop the lever going past semi to the full position. If you then need to go back to full auto permanently at any time then just remove the block.

As regards going F/A to clear a stall in semi with the stop in place, just remove the mag and push a small screwdriver into the magwell and move the selector plate just a little farther to the back, which should be enough to disengage the S/A stop in the gearbox and allow F/A rotation.

• Supporters

Always thought if doing a MOSFET at any time and/or had precocking sector like on L85 /R85....

If you put say a micro switch say magwell or hidden away on stock/RIS, then if she locks up on ya on semi

Press da button to clear the lock up

Obviously for safety reasons it should be a tiny micro switch in magwell eg: remove mag, hit button which is exactly as firing on full auto but mag is out to gain access to this so after clearing chamber you are dry firing on full auto....

Sort out the jam/lockup/dead zone

Replace mag and back ya go locked to semi again

Easy to fix semi lockups

Jeez I need to get a life

And yes it is a bit of work, but to me that would be the perfect way to do it if ya gonna fit a fet which if using more juice it would be a wise consideration if you want to do a really nice job of it all

And could replace a normal fet with a burst one

Reprogramme to single shot burst mode maybe

So leave tappet intact maybe

A few different ways - take ya pick or a mixture of them all

• Supporters

Simplest way is to glue a small block of plastic to the outside of the receiver just to the left of the selector switch in its semi auto position, to stop the lever going past semi to the full position. If you then need to go back to full auto permanently at any time then just remove the block.

As regards going F/A to clear a stall in semi with the stop in place, just remove the mag and push a small screwdriver into the magwell and move the selector plate just a little farther to the back, which should be enough to disengage the S/A stop in the gearbox and allow F/A rotation.

The OP has an M14 not an M4, your solutions all sound like standard V2 gearbox/M4 receiver fixes...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.