What's the worse stupidity

Mtemprell

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right who one here has seen or done some stupid acts on the airsoft field?

I'll start.

Once had a lad who was sniping in full gillie suit and he thought the mesh on his hood would be sufficient enough for eye pro. Can safely say he was sent in for proper eye pro.

• Supporters

noobs lifting up masks on the field as well as in dead zone

(this happens at paintball when I went once)

myself - playing at epsom thinking my gun wasn't firing, placed hand in front of muzzle

OUCH - yup she still works

or jamming in a m4 mag completely upside down - popping out of cover and thinking wtf am I dry firing as I got shot to $hit

sure there's plenty more dumb a$$ things I & others have done/seen

Everyone has seen someone shift their eye pro to where it's useless, even during the safety brief after having just mentioned it.

Myself- throwing a mk5, as I drew it back ready to throw I pointed the lot fuse at my neck and gave myself a nice (but thankfully not damaging) burn.

Myself- running across a road from the trees towards a building to get inside before we get laced up and down. My mate goes first and gets to safety... I fall over in the road after forgetting about the drop after the first kerb and scuffed my serpa, broke a grenade pouch clip and made a plonker of myself. Made it into the building without getting hit though.

Run into a tree because my eye pro had fogged up & ended up half hanging from my helmet straps like a rag doll.

Hurt lots but was very funny

• Supporters

Held the balcony at The Mall, assigned one guy to watch our flank, only to remember later that he actually had no gun! Almost screwed us there. Vid is on YouTube to prove it :)

• Supporters

Couple here from me

At Dragons Lair approached the fort which has a small sniper tower, knew there was at least 2 enemy people inside it, lit a BB grenade, just as i was about to throw it it shifted in my hand so that the burning fuse was right on my right fore finger knuckle, it burned right through my Mechanix gloves like butter and took some skin too, no permanent scarring through.

Again at DLA, stacking it through the swamp so was covered in mud >:(

Not wearing gloves first time i went airsofting OUCH.

Another from me (and a mate)

At anzio, tasked with retrieving an objective we found it on enemy hands. A group of 4-5 peeps were walking down a road in the open. Me and my mate were oitnumbered big time, but we had friendlies catching up to us, so we told them to keep the enemies busy whilst we went into the knee-deep reeds, through the woods to their flank, and hit them from the side without having to range anyone.

After 5 minutes trek, with waterlogged clothes from the groin down, squelching boots etc. We emerged from the woods to find the enemies had turned around and wandered back the way they came, as our friendlies weren't doing a good job of keeping them busy in the open

Grenades are always great for stupidity, little while back, in the middle of a safe zone some guy messing around with his kit accidently pulled a pin on a dynatex with a 12 Gauge primer in it that landed at the feet of a couple other guys whose trousers got a little darker fast.

Myself and a group of three others decided we would be a little sneaky at the Barton-le-Clay RIFT site. Very hilly, and very thick woodland. The first fifteen minutes of the game were spent scrambling up and down almost sheer drops, navigating bushes and brambles, and generally taking the most unusable route to try and flank around the enemy, all while being as silent as possible. We emerged only to find the rest of our team had simply pushed the other team back without us. We came out at literally the same location that our guys were holding. At least it was immersive, I suppose.

Not airsoft related but stopped my mate being in the sh*t upto his neck.

On an exercise one day & my section was skirting a barn when we came across a fence, we could smell sh*t in the air & thought nothing of it so my mate climbs through this fence & as he was about to step away, I realised the green stuff wasn't grass but algea, it was literally a pond of crap from the cow sheds.

Do u wish u had let him fall in?

Do u wish u had let him fall in?

If I'd known he was going to be a complete wombling arse gravy mate then I'd have helped the fucker into it

He'd not long transfered over & nobody really knew much about him & how much he'd be an arse hat

Worse thing I've done is shoot up half my team by accident thinking they were on the other side. In my defence it was dark bu I should have realised something was up when they started shouting instead of shooting me back :D

Nearing the end of an Assault/Defend game (I was on the defence), all the chatter from the marshals was about "This will be over soon. If Blue Team make one good push, they'll make it through".

So I decided to heroically defend the objective.

Through the last doorway, I reloaded; lined up my sidearms and grenades so they were in easy reach...

Then I waited

And waited

After 15mins I was bored and hungry so went back out to find out what was going on - and walked into the briefing for the next game.

Clearly everyone knew how prepared I was and called the game rather than face my defence!

Got a couple

Firstly at airsoft billericay in the green zone (cqb part) went to throw a grenade into a room while my team was stacked up on the door as I threw it it bounced off the entrance and into the middle of my whole team never seen a group of 7/8 grown men jump and scream so loud and while trying to run away from the blast got tangled up with one of my mates gun and sling with my m4 so ended up just throwing my gun at him till we were safe

Second time again at billericay and in the green zone guy threw a grenade it bounced off a tree and over the wall and landed right next to my feet and before I had time to move away it went off needles to say I couldn't hear s**t for a good few minutes

Both with ball grenades. First was lying down with a ring-pull grenade clipped to my webbing, then inching forward and realising that I'd part pulled the pin, starting the grenade burning and having to move quick to pull it off the clip and chuck it behind the team. Everyone was asking how the enemy had got that close to lob in a grenade.

Second was defending the large building at Dragon Valley from the top floor. Pulled a grenade to lob through a large upper floor window space to outside to catch some players hiding behind a berm and managed to hit the top of the frame instead, bouncing the grenade back in and taking out myself and five other friendly players. Doh!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.