Windage and aiming off..

Dannn

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Growing up using air rifles, then real rifles I've grown accustomed to gauging the Windage and aiming off accordingly, whilst doing some long range target practice today I've had 100% let to right and only just noticed that if I cant the rifle and still aim on target I can get the bb to actually curve, using the Magnus effect in to the wind and still hit, clearly it's still a new tequnique to myself so it's going to take a bit of practice but it works!

Anyone else do this ?

• Root Admin

Hold your rifle upside-down and hit people crouching behind cover. Also, if you spin yourself around really fast and then fire, your BB will curve even more and allow you to execute a clean kill on someone standing behind you. I think they did a documentary on this effect called 'Wanted', except in that they just whip handguns around (which is going to be too cumbersome with your VSR/BAR) rather than doing pirouettes.

• Head Moderator

Same principle applies when doing a forward roll and drawing your pistol, it increases velocity of the BB through inertia like a bowling a cricket ball, and increases range ;)

And don't forget if you shoot stright up at the sky, the BB will fall a few inches infront of you, so if you're behind a wall and want to hit people the other side it can be very useful :blink:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.