Abbey Silicone oil 35 and LT 2 gun grease?

Stryper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there,

I'm pretty new to airsoft though i've been following it for some years.

I have a skirmish on the weekend and I want my gun (we M&P Big Bird GBB) to be in prime condition.

I own both of the Abbey products in the title and I was wondering which to use where? As I've watched a fair few gun maintenance videos / field strips on YouTube yet no one uses LT2 Gun grease?

Also...is Abbey Silicone oil 35 a 100% Oil, as that's what everyone seems to be using?

Many thanks and apologies for the newb-ish question,
Stryper

• Root Admin

I've been led to believe the Abbey silicone gun oil is just a high viscosity silicone dropper (the spray can is a lower viscosity) - it seems to act very much the same as the GHK stuff I have, and I know that to be pure. The LT2 has additives so I avoid.

Personally I use GetSome 1000, Frog Lube and just high viscosity silicone but it depends very much on the gat. Honestly though silicone is fine. Get some low viscosity for places hard to reach (like inside nozzles etc.) and high viscosity for everywhere else.

I use the Abbey spray to reach all the out of way places plus their grease on slides etc.

Make sure to wipe all the excess off with a clean lint free rag after cleaning otherwise you pick up lots of fluff and dirt etc.

If you drop the pistol in the mud etc, always strip down and clean and make sure the barrel is clear.

I've got some Micro fibre cloths from work, which we use to clean the printers (High end Graphics Company). I planned on using Silicone oil for the Gas piston, O-rings, mag valves, hammer, etc. and the LT2 on the slide rims? As it states on the packaging to be used on metal to metal action? So since the slide rails and slide itself is metal, that would seem to make sense?

Many thanks,

Stryper

• Root Admin

I would personally use a grease on metal/metal as it lasts longer and tends to pick up more dirt when you clean it off, but see what works for you.

Thing with real steel lube is that they rarely need to consider what it'll do to an o-ring, so you just need to be aware that only lure silicone or specific seal lubricant should be near anything rubber.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.