Marui HiCapa 5.1 magazine problem???

Andrew the airsofter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

I think what's being drived at by Dave: If it's the external one then most TM GBBs aren't designed with a 'silent fill' o-ring, and that's why they spurt gas everywhere. I believe this isn't a fully rectifiable problem in all of their guns as adding your own o-ring on some brings with it some fulling issues (i.e. it not depressing the valve enough to fill the magazine fully). Not sure if that group includes the Hi-Capas though, so you may be able to add your own if it's annoying you.

If it's the internal o-ring from the valve (i.e. the one you obtain threw unscrewing the brass from the aluminium tube) then yes, you very much need that like Monty says.

I lost an o ring from one of my fill valves, I even found it in my dump pouch and threw it away before I realised where it came from. Mag still fills and holds gas, it's just a bit louder when I'm filling it

• Root Admin

Yes, but that's WE (who put silent fill valves in all their pistol mags) going from your profile on the left. Probably not the case with the Hi-Capa that there was ever one in there (TM haven't been putting in silent fill valves until very recently).

• Root Admin

Yeh. I've noticed their new M4 and M870s have them OEM now. Like I said, some people were documenting issues with the aftermarket ones because it wasn't depressing the valve enough - not on all brands though. Can also cut some some silicone tubing as it compresses better than an o-ring. I did that and it worked quite well on the Glock magazines.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.