New (ish) Player needs gun advice.

Vulpine

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I used to go to a local club but couldn't commit due to work. When I was lucky to have a day off is spend it with the other half, however, I have a new job and we don't do much weekends and my other half work nights now and often Sat night. Meaning I'm free on Sundays while she sleeps.

So, I looking at getting back in!

But I need help. I originally went for a KWA - Kriss Vectra. Beautiful looking gun, but the small amount of ammo, the problems with gas in cold weather, just wasn't for a beginner I think?

So I'm thinking of two options, I want to know from vets that I'm doing the right thing, so that I don't screw up again!

My options are:

1) MP5 - Main Weapon & Light pistol - Secondary

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/Airsoft-smg/jg-mp5k-with-ris-black.htm#.VlOEPnggGc0

I would have this as a main weapon, get a folding stock, 3-4 larger mags and silencer to give me a little more range/FPS and a red dot sight. Finally I'll get a small pistol as a hold out. But will the MP5 be decent at range as well as CQB?

2) MP5 - Secondary & Well MB10a - Main Weapon

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-sniper-rifles/well-mb10a-lightweight-sniper-rifle-black.htm#.VlSv8HggGc1

I would get the MP5 and the larger mags but leave it basic and on a strap. I would then go for a

Riffle. The Well appears easy to use, I would get a decent sight/scope. Thinking of using it at range and then switch the the MP5 when up close. I was good at CQB but I don't even know if I'm a good shot?

So what do you guys think?

Yea, I love the classic mp5 but the those magazines are a killer for me. An M4 Variant would be the way I would go brudda.

• Moderators

its your choice at the end of the day but I always wanted an M4....and went for a variant in the end.

have a few hire games and try a few guns out, look at peoples as well, ask questions....you may change your mind

I went for the UK1 in the end after originally going to look at other types!

where are you based anyway?

So somthing more like these?

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/g-and-g-combat-machine-firehawk-m4-stubby-black.htm#.VlY5lnggGc2

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-g36-variants/jg-g608-g36c.htm#.VlY5onggGc1

I'm based in Durham. It's me and a mate doing this, so we might go to all different sights, not really tied to a club.

• Supporters

Nee

So somthing more like these?

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/g-and-g-combat-machine-firehawk-m4-stubby-black.htm#.VlY5lnggGc2

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-g36-variants/jg-g608-g36c.htm#.VlY5onggGc1

I'm based in Durham. It's me and a mate doing this, so we might go to all different sights, not really tied to a club.

Might need to do 3 games at 1 site to get ukara

Then go where ya like but ukara us linked to ya reg site

1) MP5 - Main Weapon & Light pistol - Secondary

2) MP5 - Secondary & Well MB10a - Main Weapon

Sniper rifles are a bad, bad choice for beginners. Sniping can be rewarding to certain types of player, but for most (especially beginners) it's uncomfortable, boring, bloody expensive, and a lot of effort. Sniper rifles are built, not bought, and a good one is a minimum of £350 plus tens of hours of tuning. Crap clone sniper rifles (e.g. WELLs, JGs, Warriors, UTGs) in particular can be virtually unusable out of the box; even good ones (Tokyo Marui) will be about as effective as a mid-range AEG but with a ROF measured in rounds per minute, not rounds per second. Forget the sniper rifle.

Pistols aren't bad but they aren't necessary. A good pistol is £125-150 plus another £40-50 for two spare magazines, another £25-50 for a holster, and another £10-25 for a double magazine pouch. If you add that (£190-250) to your primary weapon you could buy a gun that's really good, as opposed to 'just good enough for a beginner'. Unless you'll be playing a lot of CQB (and even then, it's not ideal) I wouldn't get a pistol yet; you have more important things to buy.

What you want is versatility; a weapon that will work reliably and effectively in CQB, field play, milsims, speedball, hot, cold, rain, snow - everything. For that you want something light, compact, and with a reasonable rate of fire - an SMG or compact assault rifle are your best bets by far. Common suggestions for new players are G&G Combat Machine ARs (£125-175) and CYMA cm.04x-series AKs (similar). If you want an MP5 ICS, G&G, SRC and VFC make good ones, although personally if you want something a bit different I'd be looking for a MagPul PDR, RealSword Type 97B or an AUG or P90 of some description.

Well, I'm thinking either get one second hand or two tone. Two tone can always be resprayed

This is extremely dubious at best.

• Buying Secondhand: Just as with buying from a retailer, the seller, not the buyer, is the one who's liable to be prosecuted. Any seller with any brains will ask to see proof of your defence.
  • Modifying an IF to a RIF: This is a criminal offence - s.36(1)(b ), Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 - just like importing, manufacturing or selling a RIF. The only advantage here is that it will be you committing the offence, not the seller, so at least you're not endangering anybody else.

TBH if you have records of going to a local club repeatedly you probably do meet the standards for a defence; can you not ask them to provide you with a site membership eligible for UKARA registration? It would save you a lot of trouble and possibly a considerable amount of money.

Hi Pure Silver. Yeah I think your right, so I'm almost certain (thanks to this thread) I'm going for the Firehawk. Good in all weather, high capacity mags, reliable, electric. But also uneek enough to be different.

I'll go two tone ... I'll spray once I have a membership. I used to spray for a living and as my hobby as a wargamer so I can spray very well. Not sure if I can get a licence, it's over a year ago???

I have a thing about hire/other-people's weapons. Prefer my own. Like to upgrade, adds sing sights and stuff. Enjoy stripping it down, making sure it's clean, lubed etc

Pistol wise, the experience I had with then is... If your down to your pistol, you'll be out very soon. Just nice to have more than a must. Pistol Vr Full auto ain't a pritty sight!

• Supporters

not bad but this isn't bad either:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318&products_id=4433

plus the new SR range for a bit more

trying to resist buying any more guns but if any deals happen in next 24hrs

well I may have to find another good hiding place for a new bargain must have gun

(plus get my balls sewn back on after mrs duck has finished with me)

Edit - argh ffs with a 15% discount on top of that I was getting an excuse ready to tell 'er in doors....

Now all out of stock, jeeez could of got that for £131.75

Say £140 just over, fet + 3 rnd burst etc....

Gonna keep my mouth shut I think

Still, at least my balls remain attached - this weekend

Good call any bastid who got it cheap

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.