POSSIBLE RIF BAN

Qlimax

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Seen this on Facebook and thought I’d share this to the community.

In a bid to stop terrorism the EU are looking at banning and restricting all replica firearms, blank firers and decommissioned firearms. Quite clearly that won't stop terrorism at all. Please visit the link below, read the proposal and leave sensible and useful feedback on it explaining why this won't work. Numbers matter so make sure you leave feedback, and share this where you can.

European Commission - Register of Commission documents

European Commission - Register of Commission documents

EC.EUROPA.EU

• Supporters

Sorry my bad thought the link had copied over. Anyway it's going round FB this morning. Personally think it's all BS, banning them won't change a single thing.

I don't think they need to worry about RIFS, they do not pose a life threatening risk to civilians. They need to get a fkin grip on the black market trading in live firing arms that seem to be readily available across EU. Have you seen the list of live firepower that has been recovered in recent raids in france/belgium? O_O

i am going to email an MEP i sometimes do some work for and see if he has heard of any of this stuff, it may be a small proposal that can be blocked easily. I would say the best thing to do, find out who your MEP is and send them an email and find out if they can do anything.

it would depend on what the full extent of it was; are they planning to make us all two tone? Wouldn't really bother me, I don't play much mil sim but I can see it would put a lot of people off.

I think they would be betta implementing a more closely monitored licensing stystem. Would only need to be an extension of the current ukara. One where we all have to provide crb checks and photo ID, etc and all pay in a small amount each year. In return we would get a unified voice that would maintain our 'sport'. This has been very effective for fishing.

When the crazy people trade in their AKs and suicide vests for airsoft guns and BFGs, then its justified. Until then, some politicians need to get a grip and start applying common sense and reason to their work

Has anyone read this?? I just did and

A:im too damn tiered to read so much and op you owe me half hour of my life i will never get back!

B:rif's are barley mentioned other than that they wish to alter the laws on a rif that can be made into a real gun and or a combustable material projectile firing weapon.

So as airsoft guns cant be made into blank fireing or real guns it has little to no impact.

I fail to see th inportance of the document within airsoft? It is all about strickter movment, sale and registration of ownership. Also about blank fireres and signal guns being able to be converted back or into real guns.

So which part are we suposed to be oposed to? Im happy to be corrected by anyone else who has read the whole boaring article?

Has anyone read this?? I just did and

A:im too damn tiered to read so much and op you owe me half hour of my life i will never get back!

B:rif's are barley mentioned other than that they wish to alter the laws on a rif that can be made into a real gun and or a combustable material projectile firing weapon.

So as airsoft guns cant be made into blank fireing or real guns it has little to no impact.

I fail to see th inportance of the document within airsoft? It is all about strickter movment, sale and registration of ownership. Also about blank fireres and signal guns being able to be converted back or into real guns.

So which part are we suposed to be oposed to? Im happy to be corrected by anyone else who has read the whole boaring article?

Thank you for saving me half an hour of my life.

Welcome. Took one for the team. I understand the worry with airsoft and rif's. I genuinely love the sport! I will be a lifer thats for sure. And i get the worry when the last shake up came. But not every firearms legislation is targeting our sport. We are a big multi national sport. And i think after last time they have realised that.

Welcome. Took one for the team. I understand the worry with airsoft and rif's. I genuinely love the sport! I will be a lifer thats for sure. And i get the worry when the last shake up came. But not every firearms legislation is targeting our sport. We are a big multi national sport. And i think after last time they have realised that.

Atleast we all know u take ur hits lol.

Would u/anyone pay into a pot if it was set up in the same way as ukara? And if the sites had to pay in aswell?

That way we would all have a full time voice and an official body?

(I hear Seb blatter will b looking for a job soon)

Yea i for one would. An anual membership to a recognised body that would have a voice and be consulted by the government and considered as a sport to be looked after. Id defo pay!

• Root Admin

UKAPU kind of died though due to lack of interest. I think they wanted some sort of council of representatives thing and couldn't get the volunteers for many parts of the UK. Good idea though as UKARA doesn't do quite enough to represent players (choosing instead only to get rattled when commercial interests are at stake).

Well past Time for this country to leave Europe

I know the EU legislature can be incredibly frustrating at times, but hopefully this map will hopefully convince you - purely in economical terms - just what the EU allows us to do when it comes to competing in a global marketplace alongside the likes of China and the US: http://globe.cid.harvard.edu/ (click 'visualise the data').

Essentially the EU brings with it all the trade benefits of being a modern superpower as unified taxes, standards and import charge waivers are levied in favour of encouraging complex manufacturing processes that include many member states. Unfortunately it brings a lot of bullshit too, but no jurisdiction is ever perfect and lately the anti-EU sentiment is being leveraged at home to push domestic policies too. I'm not saying by any means that the EU is perfect, but we're still no way near the point where we're better off without them.

Also we don't have the Euro so there's a bit of a safety net right there anyway.

Could ukara be upgraded? They were asking £5 per year but how can anyone get anythin done for that money! If we wanted a combined body it would prob cost £50 per year. As there are so few of us. Sites could pay more.

I still think it could represent great value. Help promote our sport and bring in new blood. Paintball did it and I think our sport if far more exciting but maybe less viewer friendly.

And wen we spend £1000s on kit what's £4 ish a month.

And not wanting to get political but I agree with prof. We need to stay in Europe. I wouldnt want to cut my nose to spite my face.

I know the EU legislature can be incredibly frustrating at times, but hopefully this map will hopefully convince you - purely in economical terms - just what the EU allows us to do when it comes to competing in a global marketplace alongside the likes of China and the US: http://globe.cid.harvard.edu/ (click 'visualise the data').

That is an amazing tool, thanks for sharing this :)

• Supporters

And not wanting to get political but I agree with prof. We need to stay in Europe. I wouldnt want to cut my nose to spite my face.

Big problem is small to medium businesses are still getting stuffed and cant compete with the foreign market.

Its not just China and other far east countries either Poland,Romania,Czech Republic just too name a few undercut our manufacturing prices hugely.

Until wages and the cost of living are leveled out across Europe then the whole union thing is crap.

Uk businesses still cant compete and the EU just treats us like piggy bank.

The UK is on a slippery slope and its not getting any better.

Am sorry but our family has run a business in the uk for over 50+ years. And we still continue to grow.

So major brands Aston Martin, rolls all are reporting record export sales. 90% of f1 cars are built in the uk. I agree we can't offer the same value for money as other nations but lest not focus on what we can't do instead let's focus of the thing that we are great at.

To say we can't compete is total mis informed. There was call for the government to subsidise a steel factory a few months back. But why? If it isn't turning a profit close it and find a way to make money? Profit seems to be a dirty word in this country however anyone who runs any successful organisation will tell u they need to have a positive balance sheet.

The only people who apear to be unaware of this is politicians.

• Supporters

Am sorry but our family has run a business in the uk for over 50+ years. And we still continue to grow.

So major brands Aston Martin, rolls all are reporting record export sales. 90% of f1 cars are built in the uk. I agree we can't offer the same value for money as other nations but lest not focus on what we can't do instead let's focus of the thing that we are great at.

To say we can't compete is total mis informed. There was call for the government to subsidise a steel factory a few months back. But why? If it isn't turning a profit close it and find a way to make money? Profit seems to be a dirty word in this country however anyone who runs any successful organisation will tell u they need to have a positive balance sheet.

The only people who apear to be unaware of this is politicians.

Some businesses will still grow and best of luck to your family business. But the companies you mentioned are high end products which the UK has always been good at, but they are niche markets who employ a relatively small amount of people. General engineering and production has died down a lot. Some of the companies who survived the last couple of recessions can still report an ok turnover and a small amount of growth but it's not enough to really look to the future. The north has taken a kicking, the Midlands hasn't faired to well either and now the south is struggling. Britain has always been a country reliant on its industry and that is failing.

Even our own armed forces and police are procuring more and more gear from abroad.

Biggest name in British defence technologies is probably Lockheed and they are American.

New nuclear power station is being propped by the chinese.

Most of the shops you walk into the fittings are made abroad and so are the goods on them.

Anybody who doesnt see the decline is lucky enough to stuck in a little oasis bubble or just blind to the real world.

Lots of new offices going up to provide admin for companies who make all their goods somewhere else. But not a lot else.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.