Sniper build

SeniorSpaz87

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hello,

Like most of us when we first joined Airsoft, I wanted to play the sniper role. Now, as a lot of you know, this is generally a bad idea. However, my first average gun was a bolt action, and I enjoyed it. I was originally planning no my next project to be making my XCR a DMR, But I thought I might delve into the sniper role instead. So what do you think? While I would love an ARES MSR, I'd likely go common with a TM VSR, and set it up like Novritsch. So, what do yall think?

• Supporters

Novritsch is a great sniper, but man dose he over charge for bits (he uses/rebrands EDGI custom work parts)

have a read here for a nice build guide (pure spring) http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/41-vsr-rifles/6075-advanced-vsr-sniper-building-guide.html

or see proffrink for his HPA'ed vsr http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/29031-vsr-sdik-build-n-ting/

i personally prefair HPA as its a shorter and far lighter pull, and you can just easily set/dial you FPS etc

• Supporters

Novritsch is a great sniper, but man dose he over charge for bits (he uses/rebrands EDGI custom work parts)

have a read here for a nice build guide (pure spring) http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/41-vsr-rifles/6075-advanced-vsr-sniper-building-guide.html

or see proffrink for his HPA'ed vsr http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/29031-vsr-sdik-build-n-ting/

i personally prefair HPA as its a shorter and far lighter pull, and you can just easily set/dial you FPS etc

Yea... I know about his shop. I just plan to build a rifle like his, with the camera and everything (Im at a tech school - that is easy as can be). And damnit, are yall gonna really make me HPA the damn thing... gosh darn this is gonna cost me... :)

• Root Admin

I agree with sp00n - Novritsch is riding the whole parts-endorsement gravy train a little too hard these days. He looks like a great shot, but that are many ways of getting good performance out of a sniper rifle and I'm not necessarily convinced his 'kits' are the always the best combination of parts out there.

I think in total without all the externals by VSR build is probably costing around £300-350. That's the regulator, base gun, hop unit etc. With all the externals it's coming to more like £450.

I've owned a highly upgraded L96 too (until this week actually) and I was never entirely sold because sniping has never been my thing. With the incredibly short bolt pull, very consistent shot-to-shot fps output (and adjustable fps), plus the very high volume of gas that it can put out is ideal for wider bore and R-Hop builds that can get close to that 100m mark. I think the SDiK is probably the most skirmishable sniper rifle setup one can buy these days on paper. Add to the mix that you can use either HPA or CO2 bulbs, and it's a highly functional rifle.

They make them for almost every major sniper rifle out there. Really it's about personal preference (as it always is). I picked the VSR because it's small and highly upgradable and has been largely regarded as being basically the most functional platform that you can buy (partly down to the vast array of aftermarket parts).

Certainly check out the Mancraft SDiK though. It's the way forward in sniping right now and a lot of people on the airsoft sniper forums seem to be getting onboard.

I loved running HPA but got fed up with the hose. My spring VSR is far more accurate than my HPA M700 ever was though. I'd say go the spring route as it'll be cheaper unless you were going to get an HPA powered assault rifle too to spread the cost out a bit. VSRs are very easy to upgrade and with a few tweaks to the hop unit can be very accurate.

• Supporters

Yea... I know about his shop. I just plan to build a rifle like his, with the camera and everything (Im at a tech school - that is easy as can be). And damnit, are yall gonna really make me HPA the damn thing... gosh darn this is gonna cost me... :)

Actually, it *might* be cheaper to hpa it, as you don't need to replace the following :-

Trigger

Cylinder

Cylinder head

Spring

Spring guide

Piston

All you would need is the mancraft kit for a 45degree vsr, regulator and co2 adapter or a hpa tank etc

My 2p worth since I've just finished my bar 10/ Mancraft build...

When I first got the rifle, it looked well made out the box the seat was sticking but sorted that with a file, was shooting 380-400 fps and max range was 150' with .28's as it wouldn't lift any heavier

The build..

Start at the front, orga 6.23, r-hopped, modded bucking for r hop, hop arm modded with much longer nub, standard hop unit. Then Mancraft kit using standard trigger as the spring in the HPA unit is way lighter than standard and it actually sets up well.

Set it at 500 fps .20

Ive hopped it so with a tiny amount of hop it'll lift .40's so it'll lift much more without over hopping.

I be been getting very good tesults up to s lazered 235' had maybe 300 rounds through it now and just been out in absolute nil wind set up a white for sale sign 600mm square lit well and pushed it to 315' with 7 out of 10 hits

In short. Vsr/bar 10 with Mancraft and the right parts is possibly the very best set up one can build.

I did everything myself and it still wasn't cheap, so add labour and it's starting to get pricy.

But at the end of the day you pay for what you get.

• Supporters

Well alrighty then... Well, when I have some cash laying around I'll look into all this.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.