Scotland in February

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening guys,

My team and I are looking to go up to Scotland in the new year sometime and was hoping for abit of insight on a few sites!

We're happy to play anywhere in Scotland, going up on the Friday and either camping or staying in a hotel and ready to play on the Saturday and then again on the Sunday. If it means changing hotel for the Saturday night into Sunday, that's fine!

We'd love to check out 'The Fort', 'The Depot' or 'Section 8' but they play on the Sunday? Ideally we'd like to play Woodland on one day and CQB on the other!

Can anyone help? Thanks!

local cqb does tuesday night games

I take it this is (the company formerly known as) One Shot? I'm pretty sure that a LOT of their regular players are those who are banned from the Airsoft World sites (Fort sites).

In response to the original question, The Fort is a brilliant site if you are after a nice, friendly outside gameday (just hope it doesn't rain!). They run one game every two weeks, on Sundays. Kick off at 10am, ends at between 4pm and 5pm.

The Fortress is The Fort's indoor CQB arena. I tend to play here a lot, and can vouche that it is genuinely amazing. They run the other weekend (same time as The Fort), and every Friday nights from 6 until 11.

If you want a MIX of CQB and outdoor gaming, give Fife Wargames a try. They are out near St. Andrews, about 45minutes or so drive from The Fort sites. One of my friends marshals there. It's a lot of fun, but there are frequently far fewer players than at The Fort and The Fortress. On winter, I turned up to 10 players on site. Ended up going to The Fortress instead.

I take it this is (the company formerly known as) One Shot? I'm pretty sure that a LOT of their regular players are those who are banned from the Airsoft World sites (Fort sites).

Yes it is under new management now. Don't know if you're accusing the regulars of cheating but if you're I haven't noticed any.

Yes it is under new management now. Don't know if you're accusing the regulars of cheating but if you're I haven't noticed any.

I'm not accusing them of cheating at that site in particular but I have been informed- by a very reliable source- that a lot of players who play there are banned from other local sites.

In response to the original question, The Fort is a brilliant site if you are after a nice, friendly outside gameday (just hope it doesn't rain!). They run one game every two weeks, on Sundays. Kick off at 10am, ends at between 4pm and 5pm.

The Fortress is The Fort's indoor CQB arena. I tend to play here a lot, and can vouche that it is genuinely amazing. They run the other weekend (same time as The Fort), and every Friday nights from 6 until 11.

If you want a MIX of CQB and outdoor gaming, give Fife Wargames a try. They are out near St. Andrews, about 45minutes or so drive from The Fort sites. One of my friends marshals there. It's a lot of fun, but there are frequently far fewer players than at The Fort and The Fortress. On winter, I turned up to 10 players on site. Ended up going to The Fortress instead.

Excellent bit of info mate, thanks!

The Fortress on the Friday night would be perfect! I looked at Fife Wargames, and as you already said.. the lack of players seems to make us want to avoid it :(

No sites play on a Saturday up North then?

Just over the Border there's Cumbria Airsoft in Annan - brilliant friendly site built on an old munitions factory, some great bunkers and buildings to hop in and out of as well as Woodland games. They play on a Saturday.

No sites play on a Saturday up North then?

Nah. In Scotland, Sunday is designated airsoft day. :P

Be forewarned, Fridays at The Fortress can be hectic. Games are often not those which you may play on traditional airsoft day. Modes such as "Trouble In Terrorist Town" are often played. It's a lot of fun, but is far slower paced than what you're probably used to.

The Fortress also have a strict full-seal eyewear rule- just because it's CQB, and you can never be too sure. If you go there, bring a torch. There's one room that is literally impossible to pass without one. Pistols are also a must.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.