How to remove the auto function from your AEG?

tia

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

So a friend and I want to go to skirm in Germany, however they only allow semi automatic replicas.

Does anyone know if it's possible to make your AEG semi-only? And if so, any advice on how to do so?

And is it possible to reverse this process after the skirm (as in: can you restore the auto function later)?

Myself, I have an ICS, with a split gearbox. No idea if that makes it all easier or harder...

Well, the skirm rule description is as follows:

"If you have full auto available and shoot more then 0.5 joule you are crossing the law and could get arrested."

The german law enforces you to have a weapon which cannot shoot full auto (if your weapon is more than 0.5J).

You actually need to get an F-in-a-pentagon mark for your gun as proof that it is semi only.

But yeah, if anyone knows any solutions to this... I'm all ear!

• Supporters

as triggerhappy said.

You can also modify the selector plate so that it doesn't lift the cut off lever out of place. This is a bit more expensive, but a more professional way of doing it and doesn't mark the lower receiver at all.

Don't forget to make sure they disconnector is not wobbly or likely to wear out (ICS tend to be fine, but worth a check) as an airsoft AEG reverts in it's 'selector component failure' state to fully auto only.

Edited by Rock-climby-Dave
Topic title edited from AGE to AEG so I don't go mental everytime I look at the thread

• Supporters

drill the hole just to the front of the selector lever when it is pointing at semi on the receiver body and tap (verb: to cut threads into metal/wood for screwing into) the hole for a grub screw. (for the drill/tap mehod)

For my method, take the gearbox out of the lower receiver and use a sharp knife to cut the selector plate where it pushes the disconnector out of the way so it doesn't contact it at all.

If you're new to it, its pretty easy to do (one of the easiest jobs to do, really)

• Supporters

For my method, take the gearbox out of the lower receiver and use a sharp knife to cut the selector plate where it pushes the disconnector out of the way so it doesn't contact it at all.

If you're new to it, its pretty easy to do (one of the easiest jobs to do, really)

That will work but leaves you with semi only, which isnt a bad thing. Ics guns have a snappy trigger so you can spam them pretty quick in semi auto, even quicker if you chuck a £19 gate mosfet inside.

Something like a Kong mosfet would allow you to program the gun for semi only and be a simple matter of plugging it in where the battery goes. Its not 100% because of course you could reprogram it mid game but it should pass chrono and semi tests and you understand the consequences of running full auto. But if I remember correctly German law (I have an airsoft friend who comes over here to play okto from German) he was saying the gun has to be physically modified so that it can't do full auto, a mosfet doesn't meet the letter of the law.

I'd prefer to being able to set it back to all functions after the skirm - auto is allowed in my own country

A programmable fet does sount most appealing as it wouldn't really leave any traces when I revert it to all functions. And Rock you realize the gearbox and the actual gears (the wheel things) are separated in my ICS? That will probably make a difference

And I'm going to find out of the fet would be sufficient to pass the test. Thanks a lot for the tips!

P.S. TriggerHappy, grats on your 1337th post :D

Could you buy a spare selector plate to swap out? When it comes down to it, making an auto capable airsoft gun that permanently "won't/cannot be made to" fire in auto is next to impossible because anything you change can be replaced.

I'd like to see a modified to semi only AEG that cannot be restored to auto with replacement parts.

• Supporters

I'd prefer to being able to set it back to all functions after the skirm - auto is allowed in my own country

A programmable fet does sount most appealing as it wouldn't really leave any traces when I revert it to all functions. And Rock you realize the gearbox and the actual gears (the wheel things) are separated in my ICS? That will probably make a difference

Split gearbox doesnt make any difference to modifying selector plate. If it has to be a physical disconnection of full auto as BrightCandle says then modifying the selector plate is the best option. Its a 5 minute job to put an unmolested one back in afterwards.

• Supporters

Daft question but it was the German review of the HC05 DSG Firehawk that were creaming their jeans over it...

Which is really kinda weird considering it is full auto only

Bloody Germans, wish they would make up their minds

Only thing I can surmise is that a sub 300fps can be full auto but 350fps must be semi only coz they seem to have lower fps over there me thinks

Dunno, programmable MOSFET set to single burst is easiest me thinks

Shut door behind you Trigg, letting all warm air out.

@ Duck I'll have to find out if that makes the gun legal. I don't know if a mosfet is sufficient

EDIT

It is not. Welp I'm just going to avoid Germany. The law makes it almost impossible to play there unless buy a replica in their country or yours is below 0.5J.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.