Grey loadout?

Mosh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been buying up TAD Gear now for about a year. I do skirmish in some of it (because it is damn tough and very warm) and I use it for trail walking, etc.

Yes, it is expensive. But you can genuinely see in the quality and the features what you are paying for. The stitching is tight and reinforced, the traditional weak points are reinforced, the pockets are numerous and well located and the colours work well for both skirmishing and casual wear. Win win.

The Praetorian merino hoodie is one of the warmest, most comfortable items of clothing you could imagine. The Ranger hoodie negates the need of a coat or jacket on an average UK Autumn night or winter's day in my experience so far.

The Recon trousers are beading off rain after several low temperature washes and the Force 10 cargo pants feel and look brand new after almost a year of wearing them.

Buy what you can afford, but if you can stretch a bit more for a top brand like TAD Gear or Arc'teryx, then I would say 'go for it'.

In comparison, my Patagonia L5 softshell jacket is bobbling quite a bit after only a few outings and the Helikon Multicam trousers I bought the other day for spares feel like tissue paper when compared to the OPS shirt they'll be paired with. Buy cheap, buy twice indeed.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.