Radio waterproofing

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Now the weather's really closing in, what do skirmish day & milsimers do to water proof there radios ??

I'm thinking a sealable plastic bag with holes for antenna & pin connectors into the radio then tape around the holes

I've seen two condoms being used to waterproof a mobile phone. First one goes over the botto, and tied in a knot at the top. Second goes over the top and died in a knot at the bottom. Obviously you probably won't want to run about with condoms on your gear but it's an option if it really is bad rain lol

used to use condoms on the bridge mics on the submarines, officer of the watch hated it especially as the mics were nicknamed donkey's dicks! :D

And here was me thinking condoms were good for stopping pregnancy, carrying water & putting over a rifle muzzle lol certainly something to think about but as above, I need to incorporate the antenna & headset pin connector

Yep :) might have to get the flavoured ones so they don't smell of condom lol

• Head Moderator

Get extra large ribbed black condoms, give you some grip when stretched over the RIF and black is so much more tactical than glow in the dark ones :)

I think shafting the enemy with my rifle is a big no no but thanks for heads up :)

I need it at hand though so I can get to the buttons

Last time I played in the rain, my radio gave out first lol

You can also get leatherette cases for BaoFeng which keeps some of the weather out. Put that inside the pouch and it should be protected.

Ahh cool, cheers baz :) much appreciated

am sure there are water proof ones on the market. There a lot of water proof vhf radios. I'd imagin some makes one u could use. (Not a vhf obvs)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.