What have you just 3d printed (for airsoft)

sp00n

58 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Sweet.  I've been tempted by one of those but I have no need for a 3D printer other than because heh.

You don't need any more reason than that

• Supporters

Cannot believe it been almost 5 years since I started this thread 😎

been printing loads of stuff (and 650 face shields during the initial wave of covid), not much airsoft though, but I did make this over silencer mod that gave me a nice optic rail for my glock 

042AAB5E-73AE-4802-8982-F032975FDE07.jpeg

On 03/10/2020 at 23:39, mightyjebus said:

designed, 3D printed then moulded and cast. Tokyo Marui NGRS EMAGS.

Did you just transfer the internals from existing mags or can you buy the internals separately?

• 8 months later...

Knocked up a simple fan mount for my goggles:

image.png.c8804e966b7d1bc8245336be1eacf45c.png

image.png.c622b3662d2afdf6c97ccd7fc766f9af.png

image.png.f610302f88e4b07928d5325f4c972a14.png

A quick and dirty print (0.3mm layer height so the curves aren't all that smooth) to test the concept - and it works great. The PLA works surprisingly well to dampen nearly all the fan vibration.

MK2 will have a rubber gasket between the fan and mount and integrated on/off switch with concealed wiring for the switch and fan.

They certainly seem very popular, so theres loads of support out there.

Loads of upgrades for it too.

I use an anycubic mega s, which coming up to a year of a lot of use, has been practically faultless.  

2 hours ago, rj1986 said:

Worth the investment?

Yep - If you like making stuff then it's a great tool to have. I'm toying with making an OpenRC F1 Car over the next few weeks because whilst it'll take hours/days to print, it'll cost very little in material cost. I want to model some scale RC boats too, so that's on my 'to-do' list also. I have various Airsoft ideas I want to try, but I need to improve on my modelling skills in Fusion360 first.

I would splurge the extra on the Pro model over the stock Ender 3 I think, and it can be had for £136 (£142 with glass bed) from the new dedicated Creality UK warehouse website that launched last week. 1st time customers get £8 off on orders over £150 so I would add a roll of filament to get started with.

I have the V2 (approx £170), which is pretty much a Pro with a different screen, 32 bit board and a power supply stupidly tucked away and shrouded underneath which makes it sound like a Jet engine due to the lack of airflow. The (older) Pro has the power supply in a more sensible location, a more practical screen, yet has a few nice upgrades over the stock Ender 3 model, but I'm not sure what board it comes with though.

As it's open source, there a stupid amount of upgrades and spares available for it, along with the community support and YouTube videos to help guide you.

9 hours ago, MiK said:

@Speedbird_666 Is it worth paying a bit more for the Ender-3 Max be a good investment @ £213 ?

I think it's a slightly scaled-up Ender 3 Pro, with a couple of upgrades (metal extruder) - I'm new to 3D printing myself, so I can only go on what I researched on YouTube etc.

Here's quite a good review:

Whilst having the extra build area is probably nice to have, bear in mind 3D printing takes ages. So if you have a print that fully fills the Max, expect 24hr+ prints, especially if it's something intricate.

I'm lucky in that my work is shifting to a permanent work from home model, where at most I'll only ever be in the office two days a week, it means that I can set prints off in the morning and keep an eye on them throughout the day. I would be gutted if a 10-15hr print failed halfway through whilst I'm out and I came home to a colossal mess of plastic.

@Speedbird_666 You are a level up on my 3D printing skillz :P

Yea the 3Max has a ton of upgrades which means I don’t have to (and kill it) so I think the extra £quids imho is worth the less amount of stress and besides the wife is gonna kill me for £150 or £230 and when I get out of the doghouse I’ll still have the printer.

I am also gonna use the “Well Darling I won’t buy that new pewpew I was looking at” she doesn’t know or understand the UKARA thing or that fact I don’t have mine atm so I couldn’t buy the pewpew anyways :P 

1 hour ago, rj1986 said:

I'm telling my mum

image.png.57fb12ad2edaa5fd1f73ad5ba6359a50.png

Don't forget to pick up some Yellow bed springs (amazon etc.). They make bed-levelling much easier and consistent.

4 minutes ago, MiK said:

@Speedbird_666 You are a level up on my 3D printing skillz :P

Yea the 3Max has a ton of upgrades which means I don’t have to (and kill it) so I think the extra £quids imho is worth the less amount of stress and besides the wife is gonna kill me for £150 or £230 and when I get out of the doghouse I’ll still have the printer.

I am also gonna use the “Well Darling I won’t buy that new pewpew I was looking at” she doesn’t know or understand the UKARA thing or that fact I don’t have mine atm so I couldn’t buy the pewpew anyways :P 

I got lucky, my youngest son has been hounding my missus for a 3D printer for the last 6 months (he's obsessed with the idea of making his own table-top games and scenery - he's only 8 bless him), so when they were on offer via the Creality website to coincide with Amazon's prime day, she couldn't really say no.