What have you just 3d printed (for airsoft)

sp00n

22 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Not when you know a fabricator but if I wanted it in steel then I would do so, the question was about the hardest material available via 3d printing 😉

You can 3D print steel 😉

12 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Yeah.  Pretty crazy.  You can do titanium too.

While I'm happy to pay for decent work I assume the steel and Titanium would cost an absolute bomb for something so simple! Think if I don't go down the route of the FMA clone of the kagworks one or the juggernaught I'll just go with normal 3d printed materials 

Indeed.  I only mentioned it to be pedantic heh.

I'm actually in a similar position to you though.  Looking for that type of MOLLE mounted case for a Samsung.  I was thinking about going for one of newer ones for iPhone 8+ (as they seem better quality) and then gluing a silicone case inside it for retaining but I haven't checked measurements yet.  Maybe put a thin metal plate on the exterior as I'm not sure how well they'll hold up to BBs.

1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

Well fuck me sideways, you learn something new every day! I thought the newest thing was resin! 

It's crazy what 3D printers can do these days. Check this video out by gun Jesus. The first prototypes of the Hudson HI were actually 3D printed and machine finished

• Supporters

I'm guessing they want record as they run around, mounting it on the chest is prob more low profile than a cam on top of your head etc ?

12 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

For the above reasons and also personally there are times when I HAVE to have Comms on the field with me be it marshalling or playing. Don't need to defend the reasons but if I have to have it why not have it in a decent protected area and in such a way it's always accessible

Seems like you a bit overestimate chest-mounted position for your phone. I've tried to design and print this type of phone holder. It takes a lot of place on your platecarrier, non-waterproof (so you have to put phone away during rain), camera may be damaged by BB. You also may damage phone by your gun while falling or going prone. And screen is poorly readable on sunny days,  so you have to turn away from sun (and sometimes, enemy). 

So I recommend thinking twice about ordering this thingie. It may be a nice toy if you have 3D-printer (then you'll print it for 3$), but it will be much more disappointing to pay 50$ for it. 🤑

3 minutes ago, iozjik said:

Seems like you a bit overestimate chest-mounted position for your phone. I've tried to design and print this type of phone holder. It takes a lot of place on your platecarrier, non-waterproof (so you have to put phone away during rain), camera may be damaged by BB. You also may damage phone by your gun while falling or going prone. And screen is poorly readable on sunny days,  so you have to turn away from sun (and sometimes, enemy). 

So I recommend thinking twice about ordering this thingie. It may be a nice toy if you have 3D-printer (then you'll print it for 3$), but it will be much more disappointing to pay 50$ for it. 🤑

Actually I've done a lot of looking into reviews and reading up on the juggernaugt system and the kagworks mount just don't want to pay for something and pay a huge import charge for what I could have 3d printed.

The camera can be covered by a plate of pecan (not that I'd be using the camera function), not sure what phone you use these days but all smart phones are adjustable to be able to be read with sun beaming down on them. The case I'd mount to it is 100% waterproof so it's not the case that would come with the mount or be printed. The phone I'm doing this for is an old phone as I started before do couldn't care less if it's damaged and I have a few others spare of the same make and model (I had a thing for that phone for a while) which also won't take up much real estate on the PC.

Not sure how this has turned into such a hot topic.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Not sure how this has turned into such a hot topic.

Didn’t realise you were new to Airsoft forums ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Prisce said:

I’d imagine your looking about £50-60 tops(hopefully less). The more you make, the cheaper they get, but some of that looks intrinsic= time=expensive.

That was either a very good guess or you also clicked "order it printed". That came up with $65.52 which is £53. 😮

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Samurai said:

That was either a very good guess or you also clicked "order it printed". That came up with $65.52 which is £53. 😮

Honestly, educated guess.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

The final version has been printed! It's been through a couple of redesigns, the bottom rail has been lowered to make room inside, the walls have been thickened, some unnecessary screws have been removed and the m Lok is now to spec. Just waiting for the fittings to arrive and for it to be dropped round and I can finally get it fitted. Then on to the M4 stock adapter...

Final Assembly Revision v5 2.png

Final Assembly Revision v4-1.png

received_414348286113812~2.jpg

received_1201354253543378.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

A few more bits finished printing last night. The replacement gas plug, selector blank, spring stop and buffer tube adapter are all for the SCAR H DMR and the last part is a buffer spacer to work with the M4 folding stock adapter

received_218084906293132.jpeg

received_219044332858994.jpeg

received_682461762353887.jpeg

• Supporters

Working on the DP-28 mag adapter. Its not quite there but all my CADing has been accurate - hoping to have it done for this weekend... Now who wants a pan mag on an AR57 :D

1.thumb.png.24ebb6a5371af6a3c9e883a4abf8c473.png2.thumb.png.f06c3e3dedeb6f32a13e6b791eb8e954.png3.thumb.png.48d2f561ee3ac0929e897f575a6a0f95.png4.thumb.png.fe69c2a8773ba2d2a02cc34051e2fc4e.pngIMG-4037.thumb.JPG.401a5eacc5aaaf69160c4be7973f21b6.JPGIMG-4038.thumb.JPG.b4ac0560693bc77c0c5c2ed31aea4463.JPG

• Supporters

Not me specifically (my brother in law printed it for me), Cyma SOCOM muzzle adaptor to fit suppressors!

20200818_170824.thumb.jpg.8637bdfc4e204926efdd15ab76a9b359.jpg20200818_171013.thumb.jpg.db3a46258ae0d01a7d74ac491c6e6005.jpg

20200818_163224.thumb.jpg.7a41d9f04d03622cd33ffa938d90a721.jpg

Threads needed a good cleanup and the design needs a bit of a tweak as it's a bit wobbly in use but it works!

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up a AA12 but quickly got sad when I couldn't find any decent (or decently priced) accessories for the AA12. Since it will be used in CQB then a torch is a must so I knocked up a mount in Sketchup and printed on my Anycubic Photon.

AA12a.jpg

AA12b.jpg

AA12c.jpg

AA12d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...