What have you just 3d printed (for airsoft)

sp00n

On 24/03/2019 at 22:50, mightyjebus said:

taking of scorpions I made these a while back. Think they are still up for download on myminifactory 

scorpion%203%20rails_zpsnwssn21a.jpg

Someone commented on the page saying its printing for them as a solid block, is this an issue or is the file correct and hes being a numpty? Does it need anything else to fit to the evo or is it just as simple as slipping on and securing with existing feature. Only asking as a friend is interested

no idea how he managed to get to print as a solid block. as you can see in the picture they all printed fine for me. In regards to the other question this is a straight swap. nothing else needed to make it fit.

• 1 month later...

For people who have had stuff printed any recommendations for who to get the work done by? I have given up trying to get my printer to work and that last guy i bought from wasn't up to scratch.

• Supporters

I can recommend a good company, but price will depend on what you want. And if you have the CAD drawing done by them or yourself.

• Supporters
20 hours ago, BigStew said:

For people who have had stuff printed any recommendations for who to get the work done by? I have given up trying to get my printer to work and that last guy i bought from wasn't up to scratch.

I got something printed on thingiverse because it was really cheap. Upload your model as private and you can get quotes. The quality was what I was paying for, but they did the job done.

On 10/05/2019 at 18:59, Prisce said:

I can recommend a good company, but price will depend on what you want. And if you have the CAD drawing done by them or yourself.

Thanks i do have files 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Samurai said:

Does it work good? I was looking at them but it looks like it is wobbling around with the gun in it.

No idea, I don't get to pick it up until next weekend even then I have to assemble it.

Guys have a 3d scanner, so if it is unstable then I'll have an additional piece made for the suppressor.

• 1 month later...

Not printed yet but all done bar a couple of fittings as I don't have the threaded inserts yet. M-Lok rail extension for my VFC SCAR-H. The QD sling point is just to test if it'll work if not it'll have the same side rails either side. Next is a Magpul PRS style stock the fits into the existing folding stock fitting. 

Reciever v14.png

Reciever v14 1.png

Reciever v14 2.png

Reciever v14 3.png

Got Bored of my look on my M4 so decided to design and print a replacement for the standard front sight on the CM16 Ended up having to use some Pvc tube i had for the outer barrel because a grub screw would not come off the original.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3762579

IMG_2100.JPG

IMG_2101.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters
12 minutes ago, iozjik said:

Airsoft electric gun with custom 3d printed gearbox. Uses TM-compatible parts for gearbox v3 and m-series mags. Barrel length 455 mm. For extra toughness of construction used 10x20 mm alluminium channels. Gearbox tested with 148 m/s (487fps) output and works well.

Gun is open-source, files may be downloaded on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2916390

smgv3.jpg

1Yu3_TSPB-E.jpg

That is very very nice, I'm impressed 👍

Think I'd like to see a slightly longer dmr/sniper variant ?

13 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Think I'd like to see a slightly longer dmr/sniper variant ?

It already has 455mm barrel, so making gun longer is not too necessary. Anyway, silencer may be installed to cover longer barrel, but threaded part for it can not be printed, only machined =(

I'm designing my new project now, so I'll consider designing longer version too 👍

3 hours ago, iozjik said:

Airsoft electric gun with custom 3d printed gearbox. Uses TM-compatible parts for gearbox v3 and m-series mags. Barrel length 455 mm. For extra toughness of construction used 10x20 mm alluminium channels. Gearbox tested with 148 m/s (487fps) output and works well.

Gun is open-source, files may be downloaded on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2916390

smgv3.jpg

1Yu3_TSPB-E.jpg

Nice work there.  I like that a lot!

What printer are you running?

10 minutes ago, Immortal said:

What printer are you running?

I use self-designed core-XY scheme printer. But this model adopted to usual 20x20cm heatbeds, so almost any modern printer may print this one.

My first 3D-printed gun was made on  Prusa Mendel and it was ok 👍

107954097_preview_featured.jpg

107695134_preview_featured.jpg

17 minutes ago, iozjik said:

I use self-designed core-XY scheme printer. But this model adopted to usual 20x20cm heatbeds, so almost any modern printer may print this one.

My first 3D-printed gun was made on  Prusa Mendel and it was ok 👍

Very cool. Thanks for the info.

I'm waiting on a Form3 at the mo. I'd love the XL but that will have to wait.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Anyone have an idea how much this would be have printed, Ideally the strongest material possible?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3244671

I’d imagine your looking about £50-60 tops(hopefully less). The more you make, the cheaper they get, but some of that looks intrinsic= time=expensive.

5 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Anyone have an idea how much this would be have printed, Ideally the strongest material possible?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3244671

You have to get your own rugged phone case and modify to fit the MOLLE frame

May as well get a factory moulded Hong Kong MOLLE frame then modify for your phone

https://www.ebairsoft.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=7200&currency=GBP

Under £8, but it looks like they will charge for postage.  Back in the day they gave freepost, have a look around the usual Hong Kong outlets and you may find it cheaper / freepost

On a do as I say not as I do basis 

(For example this year at Paintfest / airfest I was called by one of our guys, couldn’t hear him speak so marshalls were ‘entertained’ by me with my iPhone held to my goggles saying “I can’t hear, I’m walking through a firefight, if you’ve arrived I’ll see you at checkin, otherwise I’ll ring you back”)

I don’t recommend carrying smart phones exposed in game, leave it somewhere safe or use a rugged case, a pouch, pocket etc and ideally some layers

1 hour ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Strongest material possible?  Steel.  That would cost hundreds.

Not when you know a fabricator but if I wanted it in steel then I would do so, the question was about the hardest material available via 3d printing 😉

11 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

You have to get your own rugged phone case and modify to fit the MOLLE frame

May as well get a factory moulded Hong Kong MOLLE frame then modify for your phone

https://www.ebairsoft.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=7200&currency=GBP

Under £8, but it looks like they will charge for postage.  Back in the day they gave freepost, have a look around the usual Hong Kong outlets and you may find it cheaper / freepost

On a do as I say not as I do basis 

(For example this year at Paintfest / airfest I was called by one of our guys, couldn’t hear him speak so marshalls were ‘entertained’ by me with my iPhone held to my goggles saying “I can’t hear, I’m walking through a firefight, if you’ve arrived I’ll see you at checkin, otherwise I’ll ring you back”)

I don’t recommend carrying smart phones exposed in game, leave it somewhere safe or use a rugged case, a pouch, pocket etc and ideally some layers

Cheers mate, the phone I'd be using is old hence I'm not fussed about using it for Airsoft ☺️