What have you just 3d printed (for airsoft)

sp00n

any CAD software can be used and they are a few easy to use programs as well (Sketchup and the microsoft 3d program it's part of windows 10). I use Sketchup as it serves my purpose and it's very easy to use.

Once you make a model you need to convert it to .stl and open it with the supplied software the printer comes with. This will slice the object and print it out and if you want it will also save it to gcode. if this sounds complex it's actually not that hard to do.

I went for this design in the end and it works well.

ksg%20rail_zpszrje68op.jpg

ksg%20rail1_zpsaqr7t8q2.jpg

ksg%20black_zpswjmfarrr.jpg

Anyone who wants one can download it free from here (not before tomorrow afternoon due to thingiverse rules). You will need two M3 screws about 15mm long.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1853252

If there is any interest I'll make a 2 and 4 shell version.

I WANT one.... not the shell holder, the whole flipping weapon!!!!

I lost mine stock plugs for battery compartment as well. How can print them and how much these things are. The hole in the stock definitely annoys me more than it should. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone be able to produce me a flash hider for an aa12? Think the std one is abut dull and lacking. Also a pm of a price? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow. Just started getting into this for a project.

Been playing with tinkercad (first time on any type of Cad software) for the last hour!

Fml you guys must have some skills!

Any tips? Or better yet anyone help me create a hand guard for an M4? To cover a keymod rail system?

Looking to build a dead shot AR 15. :)

If anyone is looking for a true parametric modelling software that'll export stl files I can recommend Onshape. It's free as long as you don't mind your models being public, and as it is cloud based it'll genuinely run on a tablet. The interface is really well set up for touch screens. And it'll do assemblies. :)

A very nice man is going to print me one of these for fitting a stock to a G&G Tr16 CRW (pistol M4).

post-14071-0-62055000-1485619571_thumb.pngpost-14071-0-89878300-1485619597_thumb.png

These are modeled in Onshape, and then exported as stl files with a fine mesh which comes out like...

post-14071-0-09398000-1485619759_thumb.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice grip with about 70% infill, lasted game day without any problem, need to find a shorted black bolt and nut at some point. Oh and a crappy touch holder that did not last the day as it already split, when i tightened the bolts

grip.PNG.cb6a22a4cf709dd9e8559c072b3f160e.PNGgrip1.PNG.5f15c835f555545909d701f4892ec585.PNG

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

might not look like much but this could be the answer to stop glasses from steaming up. 2 nozzles clip onto the side of the glasses and air is pumped across the inside of the lense keeping them from fogging up.

This is a prototype and as I'm typing this the fan housing is in the printer. Hopefully it will work out.

prototype%20glasses_zps3av5p5ty.jpg

Something like this is what my next project for my goggles, I'd be interested in seeing how you plan to tackle the fan housing 

Anyone know of or able to 3d print a Scorpion EVO stock adaptor? Dont fancy dropping £60 on the proper version, seems way overpriced for what it is...

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Will see if I can find a file and get back to you.

Muchos grassy arse!!