What have you just 3d printed (for airsoft)

sp00n

I plan on getting dimensions done this weekend and then float it around see if anyone can create something and at what price :)

Dimensions I was thinking was both Stanag and mp5 magazine (top section including mag release) and then the magwell on the speed loader. Is there anything that is likely to be important that I may miss?

I plan on getting dimensions done this weekend and then float it around see if anyone can create something and at what price :)

Dimensions I was thinking was both Stanag and mp5 magazine (top section including mag release) and then the magwell on the speed loader. Is there anything that is likely to be important that I may miss?

http://www.popularairsoft.com/news/odin-m12-speedloader-3d-printed-adapters

I realise this is not answer, but you're the one who needs it, you go find it, the link is your inspiration. :)

I recommend you buy that speedloader (£35) and wait for them to release their own adaptors.

http://www.popularairsoft.com/news/odin-m12-speedloader-3d-printed-adapters

I realise this is not answer, but you're the one who needs it, you go find it, the link is your inspiration. :)

I recommend you buy that speedloader (£35) and wait for them to release their own adaptors.

£35 from where matey?

• Supporters

just finished printing the version 2 VZ58 battery cover

DEF4A1B7-5D28-45DE-B8D7-6C298D879B71_zps
7A98001D-484C-4068-A05D-20D2731E0927_zps

working on version 3, will prototype it then get shapeways to 3d print it ... maybe in aluminium B)

Edit :- holy cr@p how much???? Shapeways in aluminium £470 WTF!!!!!

It's £60 in there normal "strong & flexible plastic"

Wow just wow

Edit 2 :-

Added bracing lip

E87DE1A4-80CC-461C-8328-64FBB63EE763_zps

BB083420-F84C-452F-B787-3403EE166E11_zps

• Supporters

Looks great that spoon!

Do you manufacturer them yourself or just send the drawing files off to a local college etc?

I print them myself :)

Actually considering upgrading my printer as I have to print the above in 3 parts (the rail is more a strengthening/bracing)

• Supporters

Yeah 3D printers are not cheap, but they are getting cheaper all the time. And it is cheaper to print your self versus say shapeways ( though I do use shapeways for complex items as they have wayy better 3D printers)

I use an online one called tinker cad, it can be a right pain, but it's dead easy to use lol

Yeah 3D printers are not cheap, but they are getting cheaper all the time. And it is cheaper to print your self versus say shapeways ( though I do use shapeways for complex items as they have wayy better 3D printers)

I use an online one called tinker cad, it can be a right pain, but it's dead easy to use lol

What printer do you have?

• Supporters

Just to give you an option: I have a prusa I3 from aliexpress (cheap and really good prints), and I use PTC Creo elements to design. This is not a parametric CAD but maybe that's why it is really-really easy to use and has the most features from the free softwares I tried. And I tried them all. :) The only downside is that it can't import/export common CAD formats, but it can export to stl.

• Supporters

Would it be possible to print something that needs to withstand bb's like a face mask? (Just wondering because custom masks are cool)

Hard to give a definitive answer, but Possibly.... It all depends on the material, and construction etc

• Supporters

MK23 lower rail adapters (still a work in progress)

5D246543-0F40-4C09-9A13-70F5D9666366_zps

just printing what i hope to be the final version, then its on to carbine kit!!