Anyone heading to The Gaol Wednesday?

Mosh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

From what I know its usually a decent turn out.

I've never been but lots go from the site I attend they have nothing but good things to say about the Gaol

Not this Wednesday but I'm going to be there next week if the weathers decent.

Do not get a pistol as a primary, you will regret it.

Not planning on it anymore, just wanted to know what people run as its cqb and spring/gas only, looking for ideas so I can start shopping around, when I go and hire from there before I get my UKARA I will only be renting which is just pistols so I can't really get a feel for anything more than that.

Not planning on it anymore, just wanted to know what people run as its cqb and spring/gas only, looking for ideas so I can start shopping around, when I go and hire from there before I get my UKARA I will only be renting which is just pistols so I can't really get a feel for anything more than that.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/28423-pistol-as-a-primary/#entry216526

All the rental pistols are g17s of some brand or other - never used one so never asked which. Pretty sturdy guns from what I've seen though, just not my cup of tea (everyone has a glock of some sort at some point).

Depending on who turns up (and what night) you'll see everything from cheap single shot shotguns, GBB mp7s of varying brandsand tri shot shotguns all the way up to HPA kitted rifles/Tippmans. The HPAs are the reason I try to attend just the shotgun/pistol nights since the HPA guys usually end up dominating what part of the site they're on. At least with the pistol/shotgun nights you're all on a similar playing field in terms of weapon range.

Whenever I go I always pack my mk23 and a few of the other guys there run one as well. A lot of fun for sneaky/virtually silent shooting at unsuspecting enemies and teammates (friendly fire is a lot more common obviously).

Oh, and bring a flashlight of some sort. You'll need one if you've never played at the site before.

All the rental pistols are g17s of some brand or other - never used one so never asked which. Pretty sturdy guns from what I've seen though, just not my cup of tea (everyone has a glock of some sort at some point).

Depending on who turns up (and what night) you'll see everything from cheap single shot shotguns, GBB mp7s of varying brandsand tri shot shotguns all the way up to HPA kitted rifles/Tippmans. The HPAs are the reason I try to attend just the shotgun/pistol nights since the HPA guys usually end up dominating what part of the site they're on. At least with the pistol/shotgun nights you're all on a similar playing field in terms of weapon range.

Whenever I go I always pack my mk23 and a few of the other guys there run one as well. A lot of fun for sneaky/virtually silent shooting at unsuspecting enemies and teammates (friendly fire is a lot more common obviously).

Oh, and bring a flashlight of some sort. You'll need one if you've never played at the site before.

Thanks for the advice, any adivce on a first gun? Primarilay going to be cqb spring and gas at the gaol as most places seem to run skirmishes on a sunday which is the one single day I cant attend.

I was thinking a glock of some kind but have been adivced against it haha.

It's already been said that a pistol isn't a good idea for a first weapon and I do agree with that point. To be honest though if you're mostly going to the Wednesday games then it's going to very much limit your options to either a pistol, shotgun or gas smg.

What's your available budget? We can make better recommendations knowing how much you're willing to spend.

It's already been said that a pistol isn't a good idea for a first weapon and I do agree with that point. To be honest though if you're mostly going to the Wednesday games then it's going to very much limit your options to either a pistol, shotgun or gas smg.

What's your available budget? We can make better recommendations knowing how much you're willing to spend.

like 200-300 including the needed beginner stuff, could proberly streach to more as i can buy some of the stuff without a ukara defence and then just purchase the gun after the three games

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.