Co2 vs Green Gas?

Mosh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I am looking around at fields which suit my availability and it looks like the most convent is The Gaol as it runs games on Wednesdays and some Saturdays, there Wednesday games are gas and spring only which is the best avaliable day for me, because of this I plan on buying a pistol as my first weapon, I'm not sure which would be the best option in terms of efficiency, any help would be great.

• Supporters

green gas - 300fps

co2 - 450+ and won't be allowed

(actually can be over 1,200fps on a fresh bulb for a few shots)

"some" co2 guns can be used or tweaked to scrape under 330-350fps but

green gas - can use propane so think Green Gas pistols are what most use

I bought a co2 pistol and can't really use it = ornament for playing airsoft

Also, green gas = propane with a very small added percentage of silicone oil. Before now, people in the safe zone have told me that propane will 'break' guns even though it's just GG without the oil.

• Root Admin

Glocks are always a good choice. The Marui clones (and indeed the Marui ones) are great and easy to find parts for. They're generic, but they get the job done.

As for CQB, gas is a good bet because of the trigger respsonse. Springers don't fire fast enough but lots of people get by with the springer tri-shot shotguns. AEGs are fine too really but you might lose out on those corner shots if you're up against someone who can fire a bit quicker. In reality though you'll probably just trade kills.

You can certainly get by in CQB with an AEG if that's what you're asking. When starting out, dumping money on a pistol is almost always a bad idea because they're not very versatile and can be pricey (magazines and gas). If you've not got an AEG then get something nice and generic if you're not sure what's best and then you'll always have something to fall back on if you find that the pistol/sniper rifle you think looks cool doesn't work out for you.

Yeah the gaol use g17 pistols as rentals though I'm not sure which brand.

As for which pistol it depends massively on your available budget. If you want very cheap yet decent then an ASG MK23 is a good investment - can be picked up between £35 and £60 depending on where you buy it from.

If you have the money to spare then any kwa or TM pistol really. They're built very well with very good quality control compared to the clone brands.

Glocks are always a good choice. The Marui clones (and indeed the Marui ones) are great and easy to find parts for. They're generic, but they get the job done.

As for CQB, gas is a good bet because of the trigger respsonse. Springers don't fire fast enough but lots of people get by with the springer tri-shot shotguns. AEGs are fine too really but you might lose out on those corner shots if you're up against someone who can fire a bit quicker. In reality though you'll probably just trade kills.

You can certainly get by in CQB with an AEG if that's what you're asking. When starting out, dumping money on a pistol is almost always a bad idea because they're not very versatile and can be pricey (magazines and gas). If you've not got an AEG then get something nice and generic if you're not sure what's best and then you'll always have something to fall back on if you find that the pistol/sniper rifle you think looks cool doesn't work out for you.

As states,no age's sadly.

Guess I'll shop around and hopefully find a nice deal for when I get my ukara.

Gas can get expensive but if you use Coleman propane outside and whatever generic none smelly airsoft smelly stuff indoors you save a bit. And then there filling your own bottles but that's another story....

If you were to get something like a TM hi-Cappa with a few mags, short stroke it to give an even quicker trigger response and to save a bit of gas and give it some mods and if you practice with it you'll be very competitive with it in a CQB environment

I bought a CO2 handgun a month or so ago off of TaiwanGun theres probably plenty of better guns but i love the look of a 1911 and for £75-80 was affordable for me.

Shoots a consistant 300FPS, good range and accuracy, bloody loud though.

You will be spending 50-70p on each 12g cannister though which will give you a couple mags but it's going to vary on environment (temperature), at the moment getting just over 2 20 round mags. So take that cost into account, especially if that's your primary and your deciding CO2 or Green Gas.

You can get refillable CO2 canisters which can be filled with purely green gas or a mix of green and CO2. They cost about £20 each IIRC, and you'd need a few- you might recoup the cost of CO2 cartridges in the long term, but in the short term it would be far more expensive than a normal GBB pistol with green gas.

On the subject of pistols, I've been airsofting for a good 3 years now and I've only just bought my first skirmishable pistol.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.