The new G&G GC16 range

i3666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good shout I3666 I am also trying to work out what the difference is between the range as there are alot of simillar models but different prices with different models but no description of what makes them different. Tough for a newbie to workout what to buy!!

I am glad I am not the only one who was unsure. G&G's website is so limited as to the tech spec on each of the variants of the GC16 range. The above videos helps to clarify a bit though.

If you look on the G&G website below, the guns come in different lengths (like a 7")

http://guay2.com/web/news.php?lang=en

Correct - but look again. I created a thread on this very same question. Why are seemingly simillar gats different prices? It must have something to do with the abbreviated terms after the rifles but god knows what they mean!!

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/m4_and_m14_variants.html

Also - TriggerHappy - is Krytac a better manufacturer? For my first gun I don't want to go nuts, but I am also not limited to a budget so I want the best rifle I can get without paying four figures! Don't mind paying a few hundred.

• Supporters

Correct - but look again. I created a thread on this very same question. Why are seemingly simillar gats different prices? It must have something to do with the abbreviated terms after the rifles but god knows what they mean!!

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/m4_and_m14_variants.html

Also - TriggerHappy - is Krytac a better manufacturer? For my first gun I don't want to go nuts, but I am also not limited to a budget so I want the best rifle I can get without paying four figures! Don't mind paying a few hundred.

Probably the one of the best made stock guns you can get without buying a ptw.

Only Real Sword are as good off the shelf.

Try the Krytac CRB.

Edit; Patrolbase is a good place to look for Krytac.

Patrol bases website is quite informative on the new G&G series: http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/g-and-g

Someone school me please, how does Krytac's guns differ from G&G's in general? Do they just have been quality components broadly speaking?

Like Taxman22, I am looking to get a short m4 type gun for circa £300 and my priority is to get a reliable AEG with decent internals, I am not so much bothered about aesthetics but they are nice to have.

Aren't these the range with the new micro switch trigger setup now ??

• Supporters

Patrol bases website is quite informative on the new G&G series: http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/g-and-g

Someone school me please, how does Krytac's guns differ from G&G's in general? Do they just have been quality components broadly speaking?

Like Taxman22, I am looking to get a short m4 type gun for circa £300 and my priority is to get a reliable AEG with decent internals, I am not so much bothered about aesthetics but they are nice to have.

Krytac are put together with a bit more care n attention to detail I would say.

The hogs n sr range of G&G guns - you are paying £60 + for a metal receiver which is not always the be all n end all.

Budget wise sr range would be a good choice and you could upgrade at later date some bits inside to get close to a Krytac.

Or out of box £300 Krytac is an option if you can afford it

Depends on bidget -lol soz being silly, budget

• Supporters

Think the SR range appeals to many at £180 coz of the sexy new CM receiver

well no big white CM on side, the newer crane stock

plus it has a mosfet fitted - hmm how great remains to see but also has a 3 round burst on some

for £180 that is a good offering and I was very very tempted to get a SRS today with LWA's 10% off

plus had some e-funds in my wallet at LWA so could of got a SRS for just over £150 delivered

This however would of meant my testicles becoming detatched by Mrs Duck so after careful consideration I did not proceed with the bargain purchase, as I would spent far more in reconstructive surgery later on

I personally am not a great fan of many G&G Top Tech's being blowback either and when spending £250+ I think other guns maybe like Krytac

well these other guns need careful consideration I will admit

I like the cheapo G&G's but not so keen or see exactly where another £70 - £100 is going on higher end G&G's

that is just my take on it - no offense to anybody and their guns

what ever floats ya boat and couldn't really care - I like my stuff and if you like your toy guns then that is all that matters

(hopefully that should stop any my gun is better than your gun world war 3 rows n all that)

• Supporters

Think the SR range appeals to many at £180 coz of the sexy new CM receiver

well no big white CM on side, the newer crane stock

plus it has a mosfet fitted - hmm how great remains to see but also has a 3 round burst on some

for £180 that is a good offering and I was very very tempted to get a SRS today with LWA's 10% off

plus had some e-funds in my wallet at LWA so could of got a SRS for just over £150 delivered

This however would of meant my testicles becoming detatched by Mrs Duck so after careful consideration I did not proceed with the bargain purchase, as I would spent far more in reconstructive surgery later on

I personally am not a great fan of many G&G Top Tech's being blowback either and when spending £250+ I think other guns maybe like Krytac

well these other guns need careful consideration I will admit

I like the cheapo G&G's but not so keen or see exactly where another £70 - £100 is going on higher end G&G's

that is just my take on it - no offense to anybody and their guns

what ever floats ya boat and couldn't really care - I like my stuff and if you like your toy guns then that is all that matters

(hopefully that should stop any my gun is better than your gun world war 3 rows n all that)

Agree with pretty much everything you are saying. G&G's cheap £150ish are not bad starter guns but a lot of their other stuff is not great. Yes it can seem like you get a lot for your money with all the bells and whistles, but to sell stuff cheap you have to make stuff cheap.

Im not interested in an etu or mosfet I can add those myself and use better ones than G&G use without spending a fortune. The most important thing to me is quality and some manufacturers seem to care about that and build guns that are solid and reliable which is what airsofters really need.

At the end of the day the most important thing is that when you pull the trigger it shoots and shoots straight, and that you the user has confidence that it will do that over and over again.

• 6 years later...
On 13/11/2015 at 16:04, ImTriggerHappy said:

Wrong

Far better gearbox, better quality materials throughout. Better shimming and AOE corrected.

Better hop unit with better bucking.

Better barrel.

Better motor.

Better wiring.

Mosfet is ok.

Grip is awful though but thats only going to cost a tenner to sort.

I will assume the above is based on Krytac being better than G&G??

I am just in the middle of ordering a GC16 but unsure out of the 3 which one to go with. Swinging more towards the predator but if Krytac is better than these GC16s then can you advise which Krytac to go for please?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.