Help needed - What gun should I get?

i3666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want a gun for CQB and the occasional outside game. I do NOT have any guns and only intend getting a gun to use for all airsoft. I will mainly play CQB (dark and light games). I am a quick, agile player too.

I am looking at the below guns from new.

1. VFC Knight's Armament PDW AEG

Or.....

2. G&G 418 AEG

I will want to put the below on the gun:

A) T1 sight and protector

C) Flash light

C) Small laser

D) Stubby foregrip

I may not have all the above on the gun at the same time, depending on the type of game (i.e dark or light). The PDW does need a PEQ box for the battery mounted on it too.

I am stuck as to what to get..... I have held both and I am leaning towards the PDW but not 100% certain on it. The price is around the same for both.

I have one and it's never missed a beat. Great fun straight out the box and loads u can do if u want to

Okay, thanks.

I understand you can put in a smaller barrel, is that right? My only concern with this is the length of the gun but if you can easily swap the barrel, then happy days.

Just to clarify, this is the gun you have, right (see below link)?

http://guay2.com/web/gt_product/TR418.php?lang=en

I have one and its too long for CQB unless you go for what they call the light model. The barrels are not swappable so you can switch barrel lengths.

Are you saying the barrels on the G&G 418 are swappable, or not swappable? Ideally, I would want to take the barrel out and get the shorter barrel.

I know there is a light 418 but I do not think I can get that from my supplier

Not swappable as far as I can see with my long barrel version.

Try another retailer if you want the light/short.

ETA Firesupport have them in stock @ GBP 315

What is the model number of your 418 do you have mate? I can see there are different generations of the 418

Ive got the Gen3 but from memory the main difference between Gen 2 and 3 is the MOSFET.

The Gen3 MOSFETS have been problematic (not on mine yet) but I only run it on a 7.4V lipo so the Gen 2 would have been fine and probably a more reliable bet.

Many Gen3 owners have replaced their MOSFETS from the stock G&G one to something more reliable.

Ive got the Gen3 but from memory the main difference between Gen 2 and 3 is the MOSFET.

The Gen3 MOSFETS have been problematic (not on mine yet) but I only run it on a 7.4V lipo so the Gen 2 would have been fine and probably a more reliable bet.

Many Gen3 owners have replaced their MOSFETS from the stock G&G one to something more reliable.

OK, thanks for the info :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.