The Outpost - Kidderminster

i3666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Went there for my first game an thoroughly enjoyed it! It's a fair bit cold down there but you tend to stay warm when running about the place. It may take a while to get your bearings and get an idea of the layout of the place but don't worry if you're clueless at first. Also, take the brightest torch you have because not only is it dark but a bit of a haze also seems to builds up towards the end of the day.

• Head Moderator

Is the haze due to people using the old Mk5 pyro and smoke building up. Down in the UCAP Bunker there is a fog of war as the night progresses with smoke from pyro. The bright 600 lumen does not really help any more than 200 lumen, as like in fog the light just bounces back and the haze persists. Saying that I still carry a Fenix torch with 900+ lumen.

F&O do not allow smoke at the Outpost, as it would stay there for days. The temperature remains fairly constant at about 50F all year, so cool in summer and warm in winter. It can get very "up close" there, especially if someone is waiting in the dark to ambush you, so full face or glasses and face mask is recommended.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.