Clearing up

Paul 8v
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was just wondering how BB's were cleared up in an outside game? I know with paintball the pellets bio degrade but are there BB's which do this as well?

If I'm mucking about shooting targets in the back garden I'd rather not have to go and pick up thousands of tiny balls as well!

Thanks

Paul

They go into the ground and act as great aireators, meaning you do not have to add gravel to improve soil quality, or at least that's what I tell the missus.

Or put a bb trap behind your targets, a cardboard box would do it, or use bio's, they degrade in 90 days to 5 years

They go into the ground and act as great aireators, meaning you do not have to add gravel to improve soil quality, or at least that's what I tell the missus.

Or put a bb trap behind your targets, a cardboard box would do it, or use bio's, they degrade in 90 days to 5 years

I like the soil airiation idea, I'll try that excuse out and see if the wife buys it!

Make sure they are Bios though.... normal BBs will just sit there for wat? 10 - 15 years?

Ah so there is a certain type I would need to buy, I'll make sure I get those ;)

If it's an indoor game does it end up like trying to run around on marbles after a while or is it ok?

nope no-one sweeps up post game. I have heard that the Mall did it once per year. Combat south is full of bb's, you just roll the leaves aside and they are they are all over. Ground Zero Urban has them in just about every building and you sort of scoot them to the corner before kneeling on them all.

Bio's these days do not degrade in the packet, or the barrel. madbull, bioshock, strikemaster and others all tell you when and where they degrade. Again most have a plastic outer over a bio middle and take a while to degrade. The 90 day ones require the bacteria in the earth, and rain/sun to do it, so don't chuck dirt in your bb bag.

Normal bb's are solid plastic and will take hundreds of years to degrade.

Archived