Any female players

MrMcG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

My missus was interested in airsoft which I'm cool with means I can buy more guns but pass them off as gifts for her :D

She is worried about being shot in the tit however is there any specific gear that protects that region?

My Mrs has come to a few weekend events and even played at the mall with me. With her bright red hair, she's been shot many times lol

She uses this and has had no complaints:

52916-3.jpg?1393848351

• Supporters

Hef, I've seen her before... How'd I miss you? Mind you, this was awhile ago, probably before I bought the MP7 off you...

Girls breasts are a bit more sensitive almost like our balls so it hurts to be hit in them and can cause breast cancer. I know in paintball they were passing as shots can affect their ability to have children and feed them or something like that the Marshall said

Best protection is heavy loose clothing as it absorbs the impact.

http://www.meanandgreen.com/army/Dutch_Army/WW2_Style_Dutch_Battledress_Jacket/2180/2952.html

Wool is heavy and battledress is very loose around the chest area. The dutch stuff is cheap and tends to be too small for most men.

Would look good with a sten :)

Loose woolen clothing will allow you to feel the movement of the cloth as it's hit as well as hear the hit. You rarely feel the hit itself. For added protection, put stuff in the pockets.

• Supporters

Girls breasts are a bit more sensitive almost like our balls so it hurts to be hit in them and can cause breast cancer. I know in paintball they were passing as shots can affect their ability to have children and feed them or something like that the Marshall said

What a load of crap. Its just some women find their breasts are a more sensitive area, not as sensitive as getting whacked in the happy sacks though.

No it wont cause cancer or prevent them having children there is a infinitesimally small chance that scar tissue could cause problems with breastfeeding but you have more chance of winning the lottery.

Check facts before posting hogwash.

Thanks everyone plenty of food for thought

Will see what she says!

Wonder if I step out of line at home will i get a barrage of BB's

Rather than protection the usual issue is big tits (I am not trying to be vulgar) getting in the way of what is equipment designed for men. A lot of women find they can't comfortably wear plate carriers or the usual chest rigs and prefer to get combat belts (which work better with hips). I have seen ladies playing with plastic armour on their upper body before and also those in basic camo tops like everyone else. Everyone is different.

I got the below item from an army surplus shop and cut up a camping sleeping mat, and stuffed it into the sections of the jacket to make my own flack jacket, she will not feel a thing through that! Cheap option too!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITISH-ARMY-DESERT-CAMO-BODY-ARMOUR-FLAK-VEST-PAINTBALL-AIRSOFT-USED-CONDITION-/390858024346?var=&hash=item5b00f4259a:m:mD90mL_bMkYwjhJz9sPnxyQ

• Head Moderator

I find a decent padded bra works well to keep my moobs safe ;) If that worried could buy some motorcycle protective body armour. Layered clothing helps, a soft fleece top may get warm but does really reduce the impact at close range CQB.

What a load of crap. Its just some women find their breasts are a more sensitive area, not as sensitive as getting whacked in the happy sacks though.

No it wont cause cancer or prevent them having children there is a infinitesimally small chance that scar tissue could cause problems with breastfeeding but you have more chance of winning the lottery.

Check facts before posting hogwash.

Strange this.

My other half is on the high risk list via the department of genetics for developing breast cancer, she undergoes 3 monthly inspections, scans & blood tests as part of the scheme she is on.

During the regular appointments she has, the staff on the cancer ward always warn against any full contact sports for her because physical trauma to the breast area has been link to the development and acceleration of cancerous cells.

I'm not saying your wrong there but this is advised to women (like my other half) who have a risk of developing cancer in the future.

• Supporters

Strange this.

My other half is on the high risk list via the department of genetics for developing breast cancer, she undergoes 3 monthly inspections, scans & blood tests as part of the scheme she is on.

During the regular appointments she has, the staff on the cancer ward always warn against any full contact sports for her because physical trauma to the breast area has been link to the development and acceleration of cancerous cells.

I'm not saying your wrong there but this is advised to women (like my other half) who have a risk of developing cancer in the future.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?site=&source=hp&ei=HcVBVvueEMTQPPSIsugC&q=can+getting+hit+in+the+breasts+cause+breast+cancer&oq=can+getting+hit+in+the+breasts+c&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.0.0.2504.11870.0.14158.19.19.0.8.8.0.1055.12590.3-1j3j9j5j1.19.0....0...1c.1.64.mobile-gws-hp..3.16.6175.0.h1zGH-Jut5w

• Supporters

http://www.healthcentral.com/breast-cancer/c/question/767995/59543/

Melynda, being punched in the breast won't cause breast cancer; but it can cause scar tissue, which in turn makes it harder for a mammogram to detect any possible tumors as you get older. - See more at: http://www.healthcentral.com/breast-cancer/c/question/767995/59543/#sthash.xrVfKSS0.dpuf

If someone has been put on the "at risk" list due to genetic markers it would be a brave man indeed that suggests that they should ignore the advice of healthcare professionals because someone on the internet said it was OK.

If someone has been put on the "at risk" list due to genetic markers it would be a brave man indeed that suggests that they should ignore the advice of healthcare professionals because someone on the internet said it was OK.

My sentiments exactly good sir.

Hef, I've seen her before... How'd I miss you? Mind you, this was awhile ago, probably before I bought the MP7 off you...

God knows lol

Saying that I need to get my ass to some skirmishes soon, but I think you're the only person out my way. We should trying and get an East Sussex team together for new year.

• Supporters

I agree I would follow the advice of the healthcare professionals.

Just pointing out that when you look on the internet that all the healthcare sites that pop up say it doesnt cause cancer.

Its not my opinion its the experts on those sites.

The mammogram thing is whole different kettle of fish. If you are going to have to have those tests regularly then you definitely dont wont to make the results more difficult to understand.

My wife is on the at risk list as well which is why I knew where to look.

Still think my original sentiment is right that the original post on the subject was crap. Especially when it ends with thats what the marshall told me.

Dont need anymore scare stories out there.

Bacon the silent killer.

• Head Moderator

Mmmm, bacon. A gift of the gods, and cornerstone of a full English breakfast.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.