CQB Gun Attachments

i3666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What attachments do people use for CQB (lasers, lights, sights or just iron sights)?

I mainly play CQB and will be getting a Knight's armament PDW very soon, but not sure what attachments to get, so please discuss potential options. As always, I know it is down to preference but advice is welcome on what others use.

• Head Moderator

I have the standard iron sights on my HK416, although a cheap red/green dot reflex sight is on its way from china to also be top mounted. If you do fit a scope or sight with a lens then would recommend that you have a lens protector because many players have taken hits to them resulting in smashed glass.

I like using a long vertical foregrip as it suits my style of play and makes holding the gun more comfortable.

I have a cheap tactical light on the rails underneath in front of the foregrip which I can turn on or off with my finger. It is a basic 600 lumen light with strobe mode and does the job. It takes one 123A battery. Small enough to also fit under my pistol and can be quickly swapped over.

Lastly I have a two point Irene sling attached.

I'm using a ICS CXP.08 at the moment so is about the size of an MP5 with the stock retracted.

Don't use any grips as I find it more comfortable with my supporting hand around the magwell especially on a stubby gun like this one.

Don't use flashlights as my local places are all outdoors and during the day.

I do however have a red dot and lens protector, but in CQB it can be rare I use it as it is sometimes quicker shooting by instinct at those ranges.

I normally use

T1 optic

Torch

Foregrip

But i slightly upgraded that today to

Grenade launcher

PEQ 16

Think a 120rd moscart in narrow corridors will be a hoot :D

Lasers are also another sticking point for me; there are pro's and con's to them as they are easy for spotting targets quick, but give away your position. Can you quickly toggle on/off a laser? If so, it might be handy.

If u get the right laser or torch it will come with a pressure switch. I can buy just a raiser if there is another kind of optic u like. Amazon has loads.

If u get the right laser or torch it will come with a pressure switch. I can buy just a raiser if there is another kind of optic u like. Amazon has loads.

Are there any laser/torch combos with pressure pad you recommend for a PDW? I want to be able to toggle on/off both the laser and torch. I do NOT want the laser permanently on, I just want to 'flick it on' as I need, and have the option to have it on for a short while if required too.

There are. I would recommend however getting seperate ones because it gives u more options. Torch, laser or torch and laser. Also means you can keep gun more ballanced. Just my opinion.

It's only 180lm not really bright enough. Try this;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00V4LWNJK/ref=mp_s_a_1_33?qid=1447101436&sr=8-33π=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=crazyfire+led+torch&dpPl=1&dpID=41B25aY7XAL&ref=plSrch

If u do get an all in one make sure u can get replacement lenses and bulbs incase it gets shot out.

Where do u play?

• Head Moderator

All in one does the job, the built in switch in the grip will be useful. The flashlight is powerful enough to illuminate ahead without being a blinding light (playing down in UCAP Bunker they recommend 200 lm), and the 123A batteries are powerful and you can get rechargeable ones. Probably want to buy one from the UK eBay though.

Lasers are also another sticking point for me; there are pro's and con's to them as they are easy for spotting targets quick, but give away your position. Can you quickly toggle on/off a laser? If so, it might be handy.

Not all lasers will give away your position unless you point it in peoples eyes, which if you are using one you best not do. But you do have to be careful, theres been a few times somone is using a laser and a smoke has been popped, as soon as that happens it's like mission impossible you can see the laser beams around corners.

If you are going to get one, get one that is adjustable (allows you to zero it in so it is a practical bit of kit and not just for show) also get one that has a pressure switch if you want it only on when you apply pressure.

What are peoples thoughts on a all-in-one foregrip with led and flash light (see link below for example)? I play night CQB and want a torch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-Vertical-Foregrip-w-LED-Flashlight-Red-Laser-Sight-20mm-Rail-Mount-/161636230978

I've never used an all-in-one jobbie so don't have any knowledge of how good these are but like i said above see if there are adjustable lasers so you know your hitting somewhere near where the dot actually is.

I run a very low lumen torch so i can see in the total dark but dont wreck my dark light adjusting eyes. And i also run a tracer. But thats about all i use on my cqb m4 and mp5

It's only 180lm not really bright enough. Try this;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00V4LWNJK/ref=mp_s_a_1_33?qid=1447101436&sr=8-33π=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=crazyfire+led+torch&dpPl=1&dpID=41B25aY7XAL&ref=plSrch

If u do get an all in one make sure u can get replacement lenses and bulbs incase it gets shot out.

Where do u play?

I play at Strikeforce Gloucester, indoor day/night CQB basically. I want a foregrip that is agile but with led/flash light built in.

Would this be suitable (see below)?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TAC-Vector-Optics-Vertical-Flashlight/dp/B00UYN4SWO/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_3?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1447103030&sr=1-3-fkmr2&keywords=LASER+LIGHT+COMBO+AIRSOFT

Not all lasers will give away your position unless you point it in peoples eyes, which if you are using one you best not do. But you do have to be careful, theres been a few times somone is using a laser and a smoke has been popped, as soon as that happens it's like mission impossible you can see the laser beams around corners.

If you are going to get one, get one that is adjustable (allows you to zero it in so it is a practical bit of kit and not just for show) also get one that has a pressure switch if you want it only on when you apply pressure.

I've never used an all-in-one jobbie so don't have any knowledge of how good these are but like i said above see if there are adjustable lasers so you know your hitting somewhere near where the dot actually is.

Okay, cheers for the advice.

Are there any lasers you recommend that you can adjust? How do they fair for indoor daylight CQB?

Okay, cheers for the advice.

Are there any lasers you recommend that you can adjust? How do they fair for indoor daylight CQB?

There isn't really any i can honestly suggest as i don't generally use them, i've tried out some guns with ones attached and yeh it looks tacticool but it's not something i have extensive experience with, hopefully some other members can be more helpful but most laser sights will state if they are Adjustable Laser Aim Module's (ALAM).

As for daylight most laser sights will work but it's always good to check reviews and see if there are any youtube videos showing it in action.

• Supporters

Lasers are not much cop, a lot of sites have strict rules in using them. There is also the fact that just because the laser hits something there is no guarantee your bbs will.

Tracer unit is a better option in the dark.

Torch is a case of preference I prefer to carry one in my pocket than weapon mount it. Gives me more options on how to use it.

In cqb less is more, being quick and aggressive will be more effective than any add ons you can put on your toy gun.

Lasers are not much cop, a lot of sites have strict rules in using them. There is also the fact that just because the laser hits something there is no guarantee your bbs will.

Tracer unit is a better option in the dark.

Torch is a case of preference I prefer to carry one in my pocket than weapon mount it. Gives me more options on how to use it.

In cqb less is more, being quick and aggressive will be more effective than any add ons you can put on your toy gun.

I totally agree that less is more, especially when you are running around and getting hot indoors. I am a quick player and like to stay agile, so your points are duly noted :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.