New bloke from Cheshire - not even played yet!!

Taxman22

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello - I am the new bloke from Cheshire, Age 31 - an old man in comparisson to most here I am sure.

I am from a paintball background and turning to even contemplate this sport seems odd. It was the sport we always though of as "people play that becasue they don't like the pain of a paintball" - but since quitting paintball a few years ago I am hoping it is more than that.

I haven't even played airsoft yet - I am really looking for a set of like minded men in my area who I got tag along with and learn the ropes rather than turn up to a site on my own and skirmish.

I am interested in eventually joining a team, buying my kit once I workout whats best and understand the tech involved - I still don't quite understand what type of rifle is best AEG or Gas blowback etc so I understand I have a lot to learn.

So - if you are based in Cheshire, give me a shout it would be good to exchange messages. If you have a team in the area, again give me a shout.

Other stuff about me, I love my motorbikes, obstacle course races and rugby!

Cheers

Taxman

• Head Moderator

Welcome aboard youngster.

Airsoft - so even paintballers can have heroes :)

If you like pain then airsoft could be just for you. We are a diverse group of players and even on this forum you will see we do not all think the same way... and yes Tokyo Marui are the best guns! (and so it begins)

Hi mate. What part of Cheshire are you from?

Don't worry about the age thing. Unlike paintball u will tend to find it isn't dominated by kids. I am 29 and 466 days lol and I tend to find I am in the middle of the age range when I play.

Hi mate. What part of Cheshire are you from?

Don't worry about the age thing. Unlike paintball u will tend to find it isn't dominated by kids. I am 29 and 466 days lol and I tend to find I am in the middle of the age range when I play.

Hello - I am 31. An old man now.

I used to love paintball - played religiously every weekend woodland and tournament but it soon became way too political, with shops and tournament organisers trying to out do each other, slanderous comments on forums etc and then a bunch of players in the middle - just wanting to play ball!

So I binned it. Now I just fancy some half tactical, running around, shooting folk as I am banned from soldiering. Ha!

Based in Chester.

Am on the wirral but play in Stockport almost every week, happy for u to meet me there and I can take u through the basics.

I'm 37 mate with athsma & osteoarthritis but still play once a month

Many people play with various ailments so age doesn't matter lol (unless your to young)

Welcome aboard buddy but can't comment about paintball as I've never done it. For this time of year, an AEG or HPA (think tipmann as there dabbling in airsoft with an M4) would be better as there not effected in the same ways as a gas weapon is (unless using in heated indoor sites)

It's open. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday nights and Sunday day over 2 sites (cqb and woodland)

Tend to play nights. Easier on family life and playing in the pitch black adds a new dimension to the game.

If I move to Thursday's night (due to child care issues) I will let you know.

The site is called Trojan.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine :P

Welcome aboard there sailor! :D the learning is almost as asbestos fun as the pewing!

Haha gotta love auto correct! But seriously kids, asbestos is not for playing with :/

• Head Moderator

Is that why there were not any Munchkins in the Return to Oz?

Welcome to the site and welcome to a whole new addiction!!! :blink:

And trust me, you're not the oldest by far - I'm 43 for a start!!

I'm in Buckley and usually play at a place called the ExSite near Mold, a great bunch intent on enjoying the sport and having a good time with a strong sense of fair play. Roughly 200 acre woodland site with various structures we use and a mix of play styles during a typical Sunday game.

Sadly I won't be going for a few weeks as I'm busy with other stuff - such as the NEC bike show B) - so you're also not the only biker!!

It's worth going to a game as soon as you can, it's very different from paintball and a hell of a lot more fun.

All the best,

Phil

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.