M4 Stock Removal

LuckyStudios

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys & Gals,

My dad is starting airsoft and he has gone for a G&G CM16 Raider,

and he wants it to be a CQB gun & remove the stock, question is

can you? and where could you put the battery.

Any help is awsome,

LS.

Yes the stock can be removed via the long screw inside the buffer tube

There's 2 ways I know of moving the battery to the front which requires the battery wires moved to front where he can either put the battery inside the handguard or use a peq box on the front

• Supporters

cqb - hope he got the short one rather than long raider.....

(actually you can use almost anything most of the time except for ultra confined spaces)

tbh, the crane stock don't stick out that much - get a pistol for them really tight spots

(close up it should be semi only)

failing that M4 pistol but perhaps mp5k, but even then a pistol or heck shotgun gets used for tight room clearing

(well bfg's too - but just sticking to ya gun choices atm)

Yes the stock can be removed via the long screw inside the buffer tube

There's 2 ways I know of moving the battery to the front which requires the battery wires moved to front where he can either put the battery inside the handguard or use a peq box on the front

Thank You!

cqb - hope he got the short one rather than long raider.....

(actually you can use almost anything most of the time except for ultra confined spaces)

tbh, the crane stock don't stick out that much - get a pistol for them really tight spots

(close up it should be semi only)

failing that M4 pistol but perhaps mp5k, but even then a pistol or heck shotgun gets used for tight room clearing

(well bfg's too - but just sticking to ya gun choices atm)

Could you give me the link to the short one please?

He hasn't bought it, we're waiting until Black Friday!

Thank you.

Look at airsoft zone mate, that's where I got mine, you want the G&G cm16 raider which is the short barrel version

Shooting without a stock is surprisingly difficult, combine that with the distance you need to hold the gun from your face to aim one and it's actually easier to have a stock in CQB than not.

I'd recommend he leaves it on.

Agreed. I have (amongst others) a short raider. Great gun. Leave the stock on. If u still struggle try an ares m4 tactical pistol.

I've got a dedicated short M4 for cqb but will use my ics m4 as a backup but switch to a side arm for tight/confined spaces

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.