usable range of airsoft guns

mimozine

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Can never tell.

I've seen a bb shatter on eye pro, not sure if it was due to a hot gun or cheap ammo but I can tell u I wouldn't want it to happen to me.

• Supporters

At normal fps am sure it is. But point of it was what if it's a .2 @ 800fps?

If it shatters the force will disperse the same. When the bb shatters it loses most of its momentum it feels no worse than getting grit in yours eyes. At 800fps I would be worried about it punching through more.

A little over 500fps as was originally mentioned all mesh should take it.

Had a full auto burst at about 450fps to my mesh face mask from about 2ft and other than pissing me off no real issues.

U missed the point, by cheating it's possible for someone to be well above 500fps. And it's not that the eye pro own take it but that the bb will shatter and I wear mesh.

Don't wear mesh then. I'm not being funny but you take responsibility for your eye protection. If you're concerned with shattering BBs, dont wear mesh (cheap BBs can shatter from a perfectly field legal AEG). Same as if you're concerned with BBs getting behind gaps in your eye pro, wear full-seal.

I wear ballistic rated shooting glasses that would take BBs from any airsoft gun at point blank range with no problem.

• Root Admin

At normal fps am sure it is. But point of it was what if it's a .2 @ 800fps?

Well as we discussed on the other pages, it's basically only possible to hit about the equivalent of 550 fps with a .20 with Joule creep. Unless you're cheating the crono with other weights, above that isn't going to happen.

Well as we discussed on the other pages, it's basically only possible to hit about the equivalent of 550 fps with a .20 with Joule creep. Unless you're cheating the crono with other weights, above that isn't going to happen.

That was my point. Cheats fuck it up for everyone

been looking for barrels and hop rubbers, hope someone knows whats best.

barrels seen a km head teflon 6.04mm

guarder 6.02mm

prometheus 6.03mm

all are a bit longer than the barrel they are replacing, take it they will be easy to cut down if needed?

rubbers, jbu high stength

and ares high stength rubber

any input?

thx

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.