Eotech/red dot sight opinions

Daniel248

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all!! I'm in a little bit of a predicament with my next buy. It will be my first scope and I'm not 100% on my choice.

I have in mind a G&P 551/552/553 one of those and I'm slightly swaying towards the 553

Has anyone got one that can give me a thumbs up or down on them or if there is a better option out there?

Thanks in advance guys!!!

Ive got the G&P 556 on my 416.

The thing to consider is how you are going to protect the front glass as they are expensive to replace, I went for the 556 because the battery space is smaller and you can get a flip down protector closer.

The longer nose ones take a lot of rail space, especially if you have a magnifier behind it like I do.

As a L3 EoTech clone its perfectly serviceable and reasonable quality as you would expect for the money.

Mine came with a chewed up hex screw which means Ive never been able to get the outer cover off to fit a protector.

• Supporters

552 uses AA batteries, 553 uses AAA batteries, 551 uses LR44 batteries.

Of those the AAs and AAAs are cheapest/easiest to get and AAA are ligher/smaller. With that in mind I'd say the 553 is the best option although they're all functionally the same.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.