Which one??

rosco290

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So we see these sort of threads a lot asking 'Which is the best......' etc but I've narrowed it down to 2.

I wanted a M4, something I can customise, something that will work for Skirmishing and Milsim and under £200

Would like to know peoples thoughts and experiences of these guns.....

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/ares-amoeba-am-008-m4-carbine-version-efcs.htm#.Vj2rolXtlBc

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/g-g-airsoft-g-g-cm16-srl-p4541

• Moderators

Damn iPod, had a nice post and, flicked back and it had gone!

Are you just after the 3rd burst function?, Don't know much about ares tbh so I would go for GG due to other opinions on here about their AEGs

Interesting to hear more as I'm sizing up a 2nd AEG and not quite sure what....might have to be tan though!

Not really bothered about the 3 round burst thing, I would probably leave it with single/auto. The attraction of the ares one was the easy change spring for Milsim stuff with higher FPS limit.

Have used a g and g as a hire recently and I did really like it.

How easy is it to fit side/bottom rails onto that particular G and G.................typical new guy question

• Moderators

So how about an ICS cxp?, I have a uk1, similar quick change option, but slightly more money, so may be a factor or you?

You just bolt keymod adapters on where needed.

Be careful of the milsim fps thing. We organise milsims in the UK and the limit for M4s etc is 350fps.

Dont get too obsessed with fps. G&G usually shoot at 320-330 fps out of the the box.

If you want to do milsims, worry more about availability of mid cap mags and things like that.

Do a search on Ares on here and have a read of some of the criticisms.

So how about an ICS cxp?, I have a uk1, similar quick change option, but slightly more money, so may be a factor or you?

I could probably stretch to that.

You just bolt keymod adapters on where needed.

Be careful of the milsim fps thing. We organise milsims in the UK and the limit for M4s etc is 350fps.

Dont get too obsessed with fps. G&G usually shoot at 320-330 fps out of the the box.

If you want to do milsims, worry more about availability of mid cap mags and things like that.

Do a search on Ares on here and have a read of some of the criticisms.

Thanks Baz. I'll look into that. Hadn't heard much about Ares so was a bit sceptical. On the Milsim thing haven't done one yet, still relatively new to this (although ex-military so some experience of some of the areas a lot of Milsims seem to be run at). Have you got any coming up soon or a link to your website?

• Moderators

Have a look on fire support, I also have a range of 45 and 180 rnd mags for mine, ideal as I don't fire much!!!

Tuddenham do milsim lites which sound ideal for me

Will read up :)

Just bought the G&G SRL. It's been shipped and should be with me by Wednesday! :D

I've done a fair amount of reading and know what i'm after. G&G appear to be very highly rated for their AEGs and the new SR line has been very highly received with the extras it comes with!

Look up Okto Eight Milsim on Facebook.

Next months is fully booked with a wait list and the one after that is April.

There is also Zoro XM on FB, which is a security forces type milsim rather than armies. Next game for that is early March.

On the Milsim thing haven't done one yet, still relatively new to this (although ex-military so some experience of some of the areas a lot of Milsims seem to be run at). Have you got any coming up soon or a link to your website?

Where did you buy from Igloo? Everywhere I've looked at recently has said out of stock (maybe thats another good sign!)

I think I got the last one from Land Warrior. Everywhere appears to be out of stock, I saw that they had one in so went for it!

The pages are just the outward face. There are also community groups on FB which are interactive and the players have their own private team groups. People are already signed up for the Zoro game and are discussing loadouts and planning etc.

The pages are just the outward face. There are also community groups on FB which are interactive and the players have their own private team groups. People are already signed up for the Zoro game and are discussing loadouts and planning etc.

Unfortunately that's not very well presented on the front page, Any details or website etc?

G&G....no contest.

I am a TM recoil fan and I have to say my new G&G top tech 416 is amazing. As good if not better range wise. Externals are better than my old TM CQBR and as it will handle an 11.1 lipo the trigger response is FAR better and for the ultra rare occasion I'd use auto it's way faster.

And as it was £200 with battery and 3 mags it was £150 cheaper than my old TM.

I am majorly impressed. I bought it as a back up to my SCAR but can see it getting more use.

It's rock solid and such good quality.

Thanks folks. G and G it will be! Will finally get UKARA sorted out this month after many months of work getting in the way of me getting 3 games in within the time limit!

Look forward to being shot be some of you in the not too distant future :-/

Here is the spanner in the works lol

I own a G&G LR-300 & its an awesome bit of kit. I swear by G&G as the build quality is cool & solid. with over a years worth of rough and ready skirmishing its never missed a beat for me.

But: my son wanted a starter rif, so I got an Ares M4 for him to use. this rifle has been to every Skirmish the G&G has & matched it in range & performance, Although its not as pretty as mine or fires as quickly it still does the job with no hassles at all, he is 13 now and it has stood up to a years worth of battering as he is not by any stretch of the imagination a light handed kid. As a matter of fact his stings like a bitch when your hit with it.

Although I'd always recommend the G&G I'd never discount an Ares in my own future purchases. And I do like the look of the Amoeba its a nice looking bit of kit

Field tested my 416 on Wednesday evening.....it's now my primary.

Out ranges my SCAR, trigger response is better and I don't have to be so careful with it fearing it getting broken or loosing a stupid expensive recoil Pmag.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.