Glock Serpa Holster

Will Lewer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So last week I purchased a genuine blackhawk serpa holster for my TM glock 17 and it arrived yesterday. I should've done some basic research before ordering it because the gun is slightly too wide for the holster. I don't really want to have to return it as that would be a hastle and the holster is actually very nice! So are there any simple mods I can do to the holster for it to accomodate the glock? Could I file/sand the inside of the holster down a little using a dremel? I've heard that heating the serpa with a hair dryer can work because it's made of a pliable material, but I'm still not too sure. :unsure: If anyone has any recommendations then it would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Take wet-and-dry to it, yeh. It's going to take you maybe 20-30 minutes but it's worth it.

TM Glocks are almost 1mm wider than the real steel.

Ahh that's a relief! I was worried that even with modification the glock still might not fit. I'll use this method tomorrow then, thanks a lot! :)

sell/return it and buy a glock22 holster instead, your TM glock will fit perfectly.

I don't think I'll return it because with a small amount of filing and sanding the gun should fit fine. Thanks for the suggestion though!

• Root Admin

sell/return it and buy a glock22 holster instead, your TM glock will fit perfectly.

Hm, I remember reading this some time ago, but IIRC the Glock 17 is about 0.7-8mm wider than a real one whilst the 22 holster is 1.1mm wider than a real steel G17 holster, so it's not a completely perfect fit. I've never owned a G22 holster, but I do have a G17 one that I use for my G18c and after some sanding it fit with absolutely no wobble at all.

Is there any wobble with the G22 ones?

I had the same issue. Right, the genuine Blackhawk one is the best to have! All you need do is take about half an hour with a dremmel filing out the area mainly around the nozzle. It takes a bit to get it right but once done it's spot on! plus you have the BH quality that prevents the gun falling out. Worth noting, I tried one of the clones and although the fit was easier to achieve you can easily pull the gun out without the retention button being pressed.

Also worth mentioning, If you want a good alternative, theres a company called Phoenix tactical, based in Barcelona and run by a guy called Tito Villalobos. He did me a custom Kydex holster for my Hicapa and it's bloody superb!

Genuine Fobus holsters are one to look for as well. They make many models for pistols, so finding a Glock one should be easy.

They have an adjusting screw which can loosen and tighten the holster's grip on a gun, so it may be able to accommodate a TM style Glock.

When I attempt to put the glock in the holster I can see it's really close to fitting (about a cm away from fitting nicely). It's roughly a cm away from engaging the retention button, and it's the nozzle area of the gun that is too wide for the serpa. Everything else seems to be the correct dimensions, so after dremeling the nozzle area of the serpa a little the gun should fit fine. I'll do this tomorrow morning and will post an update! :)

• Supporters

Yeh, lots of people do it. With the TM Glock there are no ways around it - gotta get out the elbow grease.

Or get a ProFit holster from RHC :)

• Supporters

Do you get paid every time you mention this obscure gear company, Spaz?

obscure, not really. Although I can no longer say RHC as they just officially sold out to Safariland. So I must say Safariland now. And I get occasional stuff

Bit late but I've finished modding my serpa and the glock now fits great! Still need to smooth the inside down a little because it's still a little rough, however other than that it's fine. Took about an hour to do in the shed with my dremel haha. Really looking forward to using it this Sunday along with my other new gear! :D

The glock is now black because I've recently acquired a defence (Dad now has UKARA and I originally received the gun as a gift).

post-10557-0-53246700-1447450544_thumb.jpg

post-10557-0-66745200-1447450625_thumb.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.