New player from North Herts

AngelGrinder

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Just signed up, got my first game this weekend, there seem's to be lot's of sites fairly local to me, so will be going round them as I get time!

I've got my first AEG, mags, goggles, lower face mask, so neatly all ready. Will be getting a vest or some sort tomorrow!

Look forward to getting out there, let me know if you are local to (Stevenage) would be great to meet more experience players.

• Moderators

Welcome, as they say...bye bye savings!!

Local, I'm 40mins away, near Cambridge,

Airsoft map is good but some sites near me are listed but don't exist

Tuddenham, near thetford/ red lodge is my next planned game in a few weeks

Welcome mate, I'm from Baldock, so pretty much right next door to you. There are indeed some very decent sites in the local area to check out. As already mentioned, Tuddenham is a good one that I keep meaning to go back to, as well as Maddog Airsoft, which is a nice varied site. Also consider looking at RIFT's Cottenham site, which is an excellent place for new starters to get the hang of their gear (quite small, so no getting lost or spending lots of time walking back to regen, plus they've got great marshals who are always ready to help new guys out).

Glad to see a lot of locals!

I'm heading to tech brigade this weekend, have been paintballing at that site before so have some idea what to expect there.

Have visited AWA in sawbridgeworth to have a look, and have seen the 2 rift sites nearby, will be keeping an eye out for everyone, and may send PMs to people who are going, always good to make new friends!

• Moderators

I need to go to RIFT Cottenham....it's 5 mins from me.....just won't get the car warm in time!

Tuddenham first though as boss as ok'd it :)

Welcome aboard matey,

And kiss goodbye to any disposable income :P

Hey AngelGrinder, I'm from Stevenage as well (although I'm currently at Portsmouth uni) :D If you want some local woodland sites, there's Viking Airsoft which is in Welwyn and there is also Tech Brigade (Don't know precisely where it is). In terms of CQB sites, there is one in Kings Langley (about 20 mins away) called "The School".

Glad to see a lot of locals!

I'm heading to tech brigade this weekend, have been paintballing at that site before so have some idea what to expect there.

Have visited AWA in sawbridgeworth to have a look, and have seen the 2 rift sites nearby, will be keeping an eye out for everyone, and may send PMs to people who are going, always good to make new friends!

How was Tech Brigade?

I've been meaning to get down there for a year or so but buying houses, marriage, surgery, babies and having to get a stupid job have got in the way so far. Is it the land of milk and honey?

I'm near Ampthill btw.

Hi all,

Just signed up, got my first game this weekend, there seem's to be lot's of sites fairly local to me, so will be going round them as I get time!

I've got my first AEG, mags, goggles, lower face mask, so neatly all ready. Will be getting a vest or some sort tomorrow!

Look forward to getting out there, let me know if you are local to (Stevenage) would be great to meet more experience players.

Hey I live in Hitchin! I will be going to the game on the 29th at AWA Herts in a couple of weeks! Maybe see you there?

I'll stick in a good word for tech brigade. I've been a regular there for going on two years now. Is run more as a club with a relaxed atmosphere with a friendly bunch of regulars.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, very late reply!

So, I've basically been airlifting every weekend, apart from when work had me in Italy for week.

1st week - Tech Brigade

2nd week - RIFT Cottenham

3rd week - AWA Herts

All have been very difficult experiences, but all of them have been good! As mentioned earlier, tech brigade was the most relaxed, very short briefing, not really any marshals that I really noticed. On the day I went there was a fairly small attendance, and the sites were fairly overgrown and busy, it was absolutely great for crawling around in the mud and undergrowth. Lots of sneaky players with silenced pistols and sniper rifles. Was very good fun.

RIFT tottenham - The opposite, very long safety briefing (some would say too long) but I can understand that it needs to be done. Was really nice to have 1 relatively small playing site, as it meant you really got to know the site and layout and make some plans. Was also a nice mix of woodland, and open field (with a tower in the middle).

AWA Herts - a mix of the two really, fairly short briefing, really laid back marshals, some good game sites, a few which lacked the amount of cover needed really, was probably the least tactical of the sites I played at, but was a great laugh. One of my friends broke his AEG, and had no choice to use his plastic DEAGLE that was locked to fully auto only, with only 2 mags, oh how we laughed.

I'm going to get to tech brigade again this weekend hopefully.

Then maybe the school or another RIFT before the end of the year.

I can't find any information on the Welwyn site, is it still there, can anyone advise?

Welwyn site is called viking airsoft.

FB link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vikingairsoft/

Great site, but different from other sites.

I should be going down to the school at some point in December. A very good site, apart from when it's crowded, but I doubt there will be too many in the winter

Thanks for the link. How is it different from other sites?

Cool, I'll likely go on the 20th, let me know if you'll be there.

I'm starting a nice collection of gear now, hopefully getting a TM MP5K for some CQB action soon.

Have a WE Glock 17 for my sidearm as well.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.