Nuprol 3.0 gas poor performance

Neilbarker

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I bought some nuprol 3.0 gas for the colder weather and while trying it out I was getting about 20 feet before the bbs dropped that's if it cycled at all. So why? It's for cold weather it's 10 degrees tonight according to the car, so why the poor performance?

Thanks

• Root Admin

Because manufacturers embellish their products all the time. Nuprol 3.0 isn't truly a winter gas - I'd consider 4.0 to maybe compare to something like Guarder Powerful, but those are the only two gases I'd field on a truly cold day.

What gun were you using? Is the issue identical at room temperature, and are you sure you're filling the magazine correctly?

Both a we sig and a we m4. I was trying to compare the difference between standard we green gas and the 3.0 so o just filled two mags, one of each, the normal gas fired fine so I'm

Assuming I filled both correctly :/ and yeah it's the same at room temp too

• Root Admin

Just sounds like the weather then I'm afraid. I had the same issues with my WOC. Britain is only good for GBBRs for about 8 months of the year.

A couple of things you could check are just the basics: Firstly, make sure your gun is well lubed - any additional friction is going to cause issues. Second, check your hammer spring is sufficient to get a full depression of the outlet valve. Although is shouldn't be the issue with WE pistols, the TM ones require upgraded hammer springs to hit the valve hard enough to dispel gas. This would explain why it's the same at room temperature (which it shouldn't be).

To me, just pressing the valves, the one with the 3.0 in it feels a lot easier to depress just by hand. What I have just noticed is that the metal nozzle on the can is seriously wobbly and it leaking gas when I push it around so could it just be a dodgy valve on the can?

Also, the gun seems to be working well using normal green gas, it's just this new gas it isn't working with

• Root Admin

It's possible. I've had the same issue before once - but you'd be incredibly unlucky. Don't wobble it anymore though - you don't want that thing dumping its entire contents all at once in your hands.

I mean I don't think Nuprol 3.0 isn't all its cracked up to be, but it shouldn't be that bad. Take it up with the retailer and get a replacement can - explain that the nozzle is wobbly and that it's leaking when you fill. WE have silent fill valves so there shouldn't be any spurting unless you fill them a little too much.

I'm a bit late to the party, but a friend of mine is having issues with his can of 3.0 as well, it seems like it may be a manufacturing fault.

Luke

Tbh i was running 3.0 happily till my bro filled a mag and the valve failed. Had over half a can if not more all trying to vent from the valve. We chucked it outside and let the whole can vent :( will not ever buy another.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.