Hey i need some advice and thoughts :)

luka123

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hello :)

so i am a couple of days away from ordering my gun and attachments i am ordering a G&G Armament GC16 Warthog 12'' Combat Machine now the first thing is i cant find a review of this gun anywhere! i do not know if this is a bad sign? if anyone has any advice or knowledge i would love to know,I am going for a DMR kind of build i want range and accuracy specifically, am i ordering a completely rubbish gun for that purpose i understand for a DMR ill need to upgrade a lot but for a gun out the box is it good for what i want a ranged and accurate DMR gun? again anyones onion is very useful for me.please help :)

kind regards Luka!

The best type of gun for DMR builds is the M14, as their hop unit is held far more securely.
If you're looking for something that can have DMR-like performance for not a lot of money, buy a CYMA or G&G M14, stick a tightbore in it and use 0.30g or above BBs. Maybe a stronger spring if you want to up the muzzle velocity, but you'll have to disable full auto if you want it to be over 350 or so FPS.

The best type of gun for DMR builds is the M14, as their hop unit is held far more securely.

If you're looking for something that can have DMR-like performance for not a lot of money, buy a CYMA or G&G M14, stick a tightbore in it and use 0.30g or above BBs. Maybe a stronger spring if you want to up the muzzle velocity, but you'll have to disable full auto if you want it to be over 350 or so FPS.

Hey i really appreciate the feed back i have looked at the cyma m14 ebr but could not find a silencer for it, do you know where i could find one and does a universal one http://www.amazon.co.uk/TFC-Universal-Silencer-Airsoft-M249/dp/B00BEXWQ6I/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1446749005&sr=8-7&keywords=airsoft+silencer would fit it?

Hey i really appreciate the feed back i have looked at the cyma m14 ebr but could not find a silencer for it, do you know where i could find one and does a universal one http://www.amazon.co.uk/TFC-Universal-Silencer-Airsoft-M249/dp/B00BEXWQ6I/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1446749005&sr=8-7&keywords=airsoft+silencer would fit it?

Nearly all airsoft guns will have a 14mm threaded part of the outer barrel which can mount any suppressor or flash eliminator etc, only a small amount of airsoft guns have non standard threads and there are usually adaptors for them.

The only thing I'd say about sticking a silencer on an M14 is that it's going to be very very long. Unless the one you're looking at is shortened, of course. Then I'll be shhh. But I imagine you probably won't need one on there, as the inner barrels are of DMR length anyway.

It's probably not the style you're going for, but a G&G M14 Veteran is of a similar price to the CYMA EBR, and comes pre-upgraded to fit the DMR role. I've just started using one, and am very happy with it right out of the box.

• Supporters

It's probably not the style you're going for, but a G&G M14 Veteran is of a similar price to the CYMA EBR, and comes pre-upgraded to fit the DMR role. I've just started using one, and am very happy with it right out of the box.

It's a LOT more expensive though!

I have the CYMA EBR and the flash hider is part of the outer barrel. The ONLY silencer that fits the vortex style flash hider is a G&P one that has been out of stock everywhere since forever.

Don't make the mistake of putting a 5.56 silencer on it though, they look stupid (too short).

• Supporters

If you can find one the Madbull Gemtech HALO silencers might fit (not on the Vortex style hiders though).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.