ASG CZ Skorpion Evo owners ?

Razorbreed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Few people say the t1 sight with a riser is good. No internal mods need doing and the accessories are each to their own

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I had mine I put in a Prommy barrel and I think a different bucking but it don't need anything really, just 2 springs, a CQB one and a woodland one! :-)

What sight do you use? I think the standard iron (plastic) sights let it down. I'm glad they can be removed.

I wouldn't mod the mechanicals TBH. But the tip mentioned about making the wires shorter is a good shout. It would make loading the battery a little easier.

Has anyone got any recomendations for a grip?

What sight do you use? I think the standard iron (plastic) sights let it down. I'm glad they can be removed.

I wouldn't mod the mechanicals TBH. But the tip mentioned about making the wires shorter is a good shout. It would make loading the battery a little easier.

Has anyone got any recomendations for a grip?

Ive got a cheap quick fold one. Pretty simple buy solid. Think it was atound 15 quid ish. As for the sight a t1 red dot isnt too bad apparently i think im going to invest in one once pay days out the way.

• Supporters

Stubby vertical grip if you like them, I don't but each to their own. Decent red dot sight and a weapon light if necessary.

Leave everything else alone. The EVO is a case of less is more because the best bit is how fast you can move it around in cqb and adding weight to it destroys what's best about it.

Yeah I'm not much for loading up unnecessarily.

I'll have two setups as the site I play has a lot open ground and times when I'm shooting twords the range limit of the scorpion

so if anyone uses a magnified ACOG I'd love to hear about what you use. Maybe 4x32?

In those scenarios I do find myself CQ but I tend to be point and shoot rather than aim down the sights.

Just not sure what is best - toughie.

Magnified optics are 99% useless for aiming with airsoft guns. Get a decent red dot sight.

I can highly recommend Holosun.

I just wish there was an airsoft sight with an unobscured middle - like the Kobra. Loved those types in fps games when my brain could fill in the intersection.

But then, I have eyesight problems.

Magnified optics are 99% useless for aiming with airsoft guns. Get a decent red dot sight.

Arent they £150+?

point 1.... completely disagree,

point 2.... completely agree!

:-)

You can get them cheaper;

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holosun-HS403A-Parallax-Free-Red-Dot-Sight-Up-to-50000hr-Battery-Life-SC-0272-/282072510237?nav=SEARCH

You've spent hundreds of ££ on a good gun, why would you put a cheap sh*t sight on it?

i agree on the gun but that much on just a sight is barmy?

• Supporters

What you consider 'too much' for any given thing will change over time. I've told this to so many people over the years I've lost count and yet to know anyone believe me, yet it always ends up happening without fail. Not saying everyone ends up decked in Crye, but almost everybody starts off with the budget gun and rig; almost nobody is still running that exact same budget grade stuff a couple of years later.

£130's expensive compared to a £25 clone, but compared to a £500+ RS Aimpoint... it is cheap. Everything's relative. Personally, after many years and a LOT of trial and error, I think the middle ground of these lower-end RS red dots is the best overall solution, certainly as far as electric recoil and GBB guns go (but also in general really). I've killed too many 20 quid sights on guns that jiggle around when fired and seen others just fail on normal AEGs. If you get a cheap one that keeps on trucking through everything that's great of course, it's just they're fairly rare, whereas stuff designed for firearms usage will cost more, but (if you shop sensibly and do your research) have a much higher chance of working well for far longer.

I spose if you have the money. Personally id rather put it towards new toys

to me it is a new toy.... no other AEG has been able to match my PDW out the box, some folk will buy an AEG then spend £50 on a PDI inner barrel, £15 on a bucking, £50 on a metal hop unit, £5 on a nub and £90 on a mosfet (yes you can buy them cheaper) and still have an AEG that isn't as good as an out the box PDW and then put a cheap site on it as they have no money left for a clear optic that will not need a new battery for 50,000hrs. Perspective mate! :-)

• Supporters

basically what CKinnerley said is my view on this, I've been through probably £300 worth of cheapo red dot sights in total. When one breaks there's no warranty, no repair... you just have to bin them, and they'll almost certainly break just from normal use, because you don't get decent quality glass, electronics and metalwork for £20. Buy something designed to stand up to use on real firearms and it'll last years and years.

Buy nice or buy ten times is pretty much how it goes with airsoft stuff.

i agree on the gun but that much on just a sight is barmy?

I'm probably not the best man to speak to regarding what is and isn't 'cheap', I regard the Holosun range as the absolute entry level for a DECENT hardwearing optic.

Well I'm going to try a cheapie to start off with, I'm not sure a Red dot is going to add much over stock sights. So I'll gamble on one of those and an acog.

I'm in a similar position as the rest of my squad, so i think we'll try different options and try them out.

Archived