ASG CZ Skorpion Evo owners ?

Razorbreed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Love the look but its still a plastic gun.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes plastic throw away crap. Same as modern cars no style no soul recycle when used,

Only reason to use plastic its cheaper to make.

• Supporters

lol, sorry buy no cars have nothing to do with guns.  Plastic can and will easily outlast a lot of the metals and wood used in older weapons in various environmental conditions; not all but many.  Similar story in terms of resisting general wear in service.  There will be Tavors and SCARs around just as long as in the future as the age of existing antique weapons.  In fact the plastic will stand the test of time far better than wood or steel and the metal compositions and surface finishes used on the metal parts of a quality military firearm now will guarantee it lasts far better than the weapons of WW1, WW2 etc.  If you think modern weapons are just throwaway where old school stuff isn't you have a lot to learn about design and manufacture of guns.

5 minutes ago, gasman said:

Only reason to use plastic its cheaper to make.

Its also super light making it really easy to use for a prolonged period. One of the main advantages everyone forgets about

I have handled firearms most of my life and the older weapons have that weight and tactile feel I love, the newer stuff just feel like toys. I suppose if you are the younger generation you wont have handled most of the classic old guns some of which I grant are much to heavy for a modern battlefield. Modern guns are now so much more accurate due to advances in ammunition and manufacture but I still hate plastic!

There is a correlation between guns and cars classic looks and feel as I said I like the look of the evo just not the plastic.

• Supporters

I've been an armourer over decade now, all I do is handle guns from monday to friday.  Personally, I have videos right there on my YouTube shooting pretty much every major commonly issued weapon used by the key players in WW2, lots of stuff from WW1 and other old obsolescent weapons too; visited many patterns rooms, museums, other armouries, guns shows etc and I pick up absolutely everything... the list goes on.  Not saying this is an experience competition but I myself am not someone who lacks in experience handling or firing all sorts of 'classic' guns, or indeed lots of the new stuff.

Anyone can absolutely feel free to hate plastic in airsoft, that's 100% fine, but the assertion that modern firearms which make extensive use of plastic are throwaway is empirically incorrect.  I like the feel of AKs and world war bolt actions a lot, but they're just not better than modern weapons in any way that really matters once you get in to a shooting match.  In a display case however then, sure I'll go for an MP5, No4, Thompson or whatever, every time never argue that.

One really good point in this guns favor is it is made in europe not China

That £249 upgrade as standard would be nice, then it would be worth paying that bit more for.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Picked up a Yeti Wurks mag release for my upgraded scorpion. Quite like it. 

I do recommend the EvoTek expert kit which is in my new Scorpion 

BB2FBDE3-4F74-4575-9EA9-AC5295F315BD.jpeg

F033DF38-ED6A-46B2-8EA4-50F58613BFB3.jpeg

152C86E5-12E9-46B3-A4F6-D1F0132BBCAA.jpeg

• Supporters

It’s the normal one upgraded with the EvoTek expert kit. The scorpion on the bottom I’ve had for a year and the top one is new

• Supporters

I would say so yeah especially given the warranty it comes with. The trigger response is ridiculous

Anyone know of a good place to look for (or have) a stock adaptor? 

I CANNOT spend £60 on something I dont need but want. I think that part is WAY overpriced for what it is but I do want to swap the stock.

On 31/08/2018 at 16:18, Haru said:

i heard ootb the guns fps is around 320. anyone know what spring to put in to make it just under 350

You’d need Asg upgraded spring guide, asg ultimate m95 spring.

possibly tightbore barrel as the above is meant to be around 330-340

• 3 months later...

Good day all,

just some advice if i may. 

I have just picked up a second hand evo with shs gears and piston in it. The motor is standard but when I put the motor base plate on it pushes the motor way to far into the grip and I have zero adjustment on it and cannot get a good mesh. 

However, when I spaced the base plate put with washers I can get a spot on mesh with zero whine in the gears. Or as close to as I can’t tell otherwise. Is this an issue or am I missing something?

The motor wires are not in the way and I tested it with just the motor installed as well in the grip and the problem remains with little adjustment. 

Archived