ASG CZ Skorpion Evo owners ?

Razorbreed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

5 hours ago, MisterG said:

If it's new maybe not, some  models benefited from a new spring guide.  Not sure at what point the spring guide was an issue, just make sure you get the Steel Spring Guide.

What’s the alternative? Plastic?

also just made my purchase, can’t wait for it to arrive!

ive gone with a 9.9 liFe battery as recommended on this topic, for the standard size 3a1 model. I’m guessing this is correct or is 11.1 still recommended for that shape evo?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'll add a little tale of woe in here.

I'm a new Evo owner - as of 25th April 18 it arrived from Fire Support. Good price, good service no issue there.

Test fired it with a 7.4v as I didn't have anything else. Cool worked ok, fired well, I was happy. Thanks to this forum I took delivery of a nice freebie lefty fire selector replacement as indicator only. Test fired a few rounds. Nice. Right up until the point - Crunch, beep, beep. :(

Disconnect the battery, reconnect. Beep. Fire... Crunch, beep beep :(

20180517_185751.thumb.jpg.d6690706d05a03f5cba5ba4b52e4f585.jpg

So I could go the warranty route... but instead went to JD Airsoft for the Expert package upgrade. Which pretty much replaces the internals anyhow. Not cheap! But why not?

Picked it up today and have to say holy, moley! That trigger response!

20180517_185551-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.425b02acbd89990e8f346d8fc43b4fac.jpg

So yes I'm very happy. But also annoyed at how an expensive RIF died even before it's gotten onto the field.

Using mine for the first time in three days why did I read this WHYYYYYYYY!!!! lol..

I feel your pain.. nice job on the upgrade though. Been looking at those myself ;) 

7 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Using mine for the first time in three days why did I read this WHYYYYYYYY!!!! lol..

I feel your pain.. nice job on the upgrade though. Been looking at those myself ;) 

Sorry. Hope yours goes well. JD were pretty good. Many of them have Evo's - probably because of the discount on in house tech. They even said sometimes shit happens, but that's what warranties are for. Just spoils your day a bit though.

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Dont bother replace bits as they/ if they break and save yourself a fortune.

If you really want to upgrade down the line give me a shout and will build a better one for less.

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Dont bother replace bits as they/ if they break and save yourself a fortune.

If you really want to upgrade down the line give me a shout and will build a better one for less.

That's probably a good call. I just went with the whole warranty thing to keep it ASG approved as it was so box fresh.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, warlord said:

That's probably a good call. I just went with the whole warranty thing to keep it ASG approved as it was so box fresh.

Its not a bad upgrade just not necessarily the parts I would use. They obviously use mainly asg parts.

A £250 upgrade package from the manufacturer is a bloody cheek though. They could probably sell an off the shelf version like it for a small price increase but instead it is a optional upgrade that costs almost as much as the gun.

Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

Its not a bad upgrade just not necessarily the parts I would use. They obviously use mainly asg parts.

A £250 upgrade package from the manufacturer is a bloody cheek though. They could probably sell an off the shelf version like it for a small price increase but instead it is a optional upgrade that costs almost as much as the gun.

Totally agree. They should ship it as an Evo Proline or something.

• Supporters

I’d like to upgrade mine or at least get a speed trigger installed. I’d usually do it myself without an issue but don’t fancy it with my Evo not familiar with the internals of this system. 

I plan to, but bought mine used. 

Best check with the retailer/ASG, as it will be down to them how they interpret the sale of goods act / warranty.

I would expect a good retailer would not quibble, but I've found others can make you fight hard for your rights.

If the retailer does it for you, then probably no issue at all.

Cheers

G

3 hours ago, Cleaners inc said:

Does everyone change these to deans or does that void warranty?

from my (limited) knowledge it shouldnt void warranty, but not 100%

My cables coming out of the gun into the connector are sooo stiff, theres barely any room for the battery as it is, if those wires were a little more supple it would make battery changes/installations so much easier! Im going to look like a right mong installing the battery at the next game in the safe zone!

Ah that’s good then, will change it to deans soon as it arrives 

If I purchase upgraded spring guide and the m95 spring that’s meant to take gun to 340fps, should I still use the 9.9 life or should I use a 11.1 lipo?

normal evo 3a1, not the carbine version 

• 3 weeks later...

Keeping the evo club alive..

sling mounts...

ive purchased the yeti works QD for front 

but how can I have a QD for the rear (in the uk), can’t find any off the shelf options.

dos the yeti works front qd also work on the rear?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Does anyone have the EvoTek expert kit in their Evo. 

If so, what are your thoughts. 

Worth it or not ?

4 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

The patrolbase page for it has the word real 7 times. Hmmm. 

Far as I’m aware yeti wurks only make real steel parts, a few just happen to fit the Airsoft version as well

2 minutes ago, Cleaners inc said:

Far as I’m aware yeti wurks only make real steel parts, a few just happen to fit the Airsoft version as well

Oh yeah, I got that, checked out the official site for that item before I first replied about it. :)

Just PB pushing the "realz" a bit hard it made me laugh.

48 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

Oh yeah, I got that, checked out the official site for that item before I first replied about it. :)

Just PB pushing the "realz" a bit hard it made me laugh.

Ah I see 😝

Doesn't seem right and yet ....

Archived