ASG CZ Skorpion Evo owners ?

Razorbreed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Not keen on the new carbine version. The real steel is small so why make a carbine version plus I prefer it now.

HPA wise never again, had my fill and not something I'd go back to. Only good thing they've installed the engine but doesn't mean it won't have alignment issues.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Qlimax said:

Not keen on the new carbine version. The real steel is small so why make a carbine version plus I prefer it now.

HPA wise never again, had my fill and not something I'd go back to. Only good thing they've installed the engine but doesn't mean it won't have alignment issues.

Agree it seems a really strange move, though I will be trying CO2 HPA this year if Govt allows it. :)

• Supporters

There isn't only 1 version of the real firearm, there's a 16" barrel carbine and a shorter barreled version with a fake integral suppressor (overall barrel length 16"), both have been available in the states for some time now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Supporters

Has anyone else heard about ASG are no longer recommending an 11.1v lips unless you're running an M110 upwards ? 

Apparently it has to be a 9.9v LiFe 

15 hours ago, Qlimax said:

Has anyone else heard about ASG are no longer recommending an 11.1v lips unless you're running an M110 upwards ? 

Apparently it has to be a 9.9v LiFe 

I heard this too in the safezone, but can't find an official source.

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

I heard this too in the safezone, but can't find an official source.

I've emailed ASG directly but nothing yet

• Supporters

That IS correct on new the new ones. Check the EVO owners club on FB and Lasse (the chap who makes them?) and Paul (UK ASG Rep) have confirmed it.

Something to do with barrel length/BBs/return cycles of pistons not being quick enough.

If you wanted to run 11.1 in a longer Evo, you'd need to short stroke and use a larger spring, but obviously that would invalidate warranty anyway too.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rock-climby-Dave said:

That IS correct on new the new ones. Check the EVO owners club on FB and Lasse (the chap who makes them?) and Paul (UK ASG Rep) have confirmed it.

Something to do with barrel length/BBs/return cycles of pistons not being quick enough.

If you wanted to run 11.1 in a longer Evo, you'd need to short stroke and use a larger spring, but obviously that would invalidate warranty anyway too.

I'm on the owners group but there's  some posts going up from other people asking the same question regarding the original Scorpion. 

• Supporters

Ok I’ve spoken with Team ASG this morning and it’s been confirmed. They no longer recommend an 11.1v Lipo with Evo’s running an M100 or less, they now recommend using the 9.9v LIFE battery which is going to be a pain since the ASG 9.9v LIFE battery is sold out everywhere in the UK and any other LIFE battery I can find I don’t think will fit.

• Supporters

Telling you to use something and that nothing else will do then not supplying the thing.  They must be going in to the market for military contracts.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

Telling you to use something and that nothing else will do then not supplying the thing.  They must be going in to the market for military contracts.

Its frustrating. Let's launch the carbine version and along with decide that 11.1v Lipos aren't recommended anymore and don't push out enough of their own brand LiFe batteries to cover new demand. 

22 minutes ago, PT247 said:

just shove an 11.1v in it and screw the recs

Hmm, my primary 11.1 ASG batt designed for the scorp just died this week, I guess I'll not replace it.

Still, just goes to show this is why they put real guns through 50,000 rounds in testing.

I expect wherever the scorp was designed theres a test station with a hi-cap which is loaded by the bucketful.

• Supporters

I may have found a LiFE battery which will fit at a decent price as well. Having searched endlessly there's Nuprol battery but expensive £22,95 and then there's ASG's own battery again on the higher side of cost £21 i think they were.

I've found a battery on Vapex website for £13.95 which should fit. I should receive them tomorrow.

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

Id like to buy ASGs own 11.1v but out of stock everywhere ive looked (not looked hard).

JD Airsort have them in stock and although they're made purposely for the Scorpion they don't actually fit. I had two they wouldn't fit. Be interesting to see how it performs on the 9.9v LiFe battery

59 minutes ago, Qlimax said:

JD Airsort have them in stock and although they're made purposely for the Scorpion they don't actually fit. I had two they wouldn't fit. Be interesting to see how it performs on the 9.9v LiFe battery

Mine fit fine, in fact I had to wrap it with electrical tape to make it fit less well as it was so silly how the battery was the only part of the gun which rattled.

That free delivery makes them real easy to shop at vs other stores lol.

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

Mine fit fine, in fact I had to wrap it with electrical tape to make it fit less well as it was so silly how the battery was the only part of the gun which rattled.

That free delivery makes them real easy to shop at vs other stores lol.

Really ? They wouldn't fit mine which annoyed the hell out me since they're purpose made for the Scorpion. I was tempted to modify the dust cover inside, when you take the handguard off and look down where the cover sit inside of the top receiver its curved on each top corner which doesn't help with battery fitment. I've tempted to flatten one side out to allow that extra few mm of space for a battery.

5 minutes ago, Qlimax said:

Really ? They wouldn't fit mine which annoyed the hell out me since they're purpose made for the Scorpion. I was tempted to modify the dust cover inside, when you take the handguard off and look down where the cover sit inside of the top receiver its curved on each top corner which doesn't help with battery fitment. I've tempted to flatten one side out to allow that extra few mm of space for a battery.

I found the battery was a trapezium and only fit in one way with no allowance for any rotation 90, 180, 270...

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

I found the battery was a trapezium and only fit in one way with no allowance for any rotation 90, 180, 270...

It's a great little weapon, just flawed on the battery compartment part. It's the dust cover which makes it awkward have a look next time you take your handguard off it's only a few MM but that makes all the difference with such a tiny space anyway

1 hour ago, Qlimax said:

It's a great little weapon, just flawed on the battery compartment part. It's the dust cover which makes it awkward have a look next time you take your handguard off it's only a few MM but that makes all the difference with such a tiny space anyway

I had similar problems initially, but I put some foam in the back of the battery compartment and as I said, wrapped the back end of the battery with electrical tap - may it effectively impossible to load the battery while the dust cover was not retracted, but I definitely did not have any of the problems you're describing - I had loads with reattaching the handguard though.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys,

I’ve read through this thread and just couple questions as looking to buy non carbine sized Scorp this year. 

Is it definitely confirmed that 11.1v LiPo is no good anymore, or is that just for the carbine variant? 

Apart from the uprated spring guide by ASG, and an M95 spring to make it CQB safe for UK. Are there any other internal upgrades people recommend?

Many thanks, 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/01/2018 at 1:32 PM, gwr3850 said:

Hey guys,

I’ve read through this thread and just couple questions as looking to buy non carbine sized Scorp this year. 

Is it definitely confirmed that 11.1v LiPo is no good anymore, or is that just for the carbine variant? 

Apart from the uprated spring guide by ASG, and an M95 spring to make it CQB safe for UK. Are there any other internal upgrades people recommend?

Many thanks, 

Anyone? :)

Archived