ASG CZ Skorpion Evo owners ?

Razorbreed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I am new to all this but I am narrowing my selection of guns to purchase down. Has anyone here owned one of these and what is the feedback like for people that have owned and played them ? I am looking for a CQB gun.

Thanks

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awesome gun mate, only issue is the mags are quite long so if you go prone it can be a pain at times. Other than that it is fantastic..... oh.... the battery is a real PITA to fit!

• Supporters

Love mine, I hadn't picked up any new guns for a long time before the Scorpion and it was my first SMG, but it ticks a lot of boxes that other manufacturers just aren't ticking.

The quality and realism of the externals as well as the quality of the internals (great MOSFET, built specifically for 11.1) is far above the average.

• Supporters

Only the one type of mag available right now I'm pretty sure. More of a CQB gun so hi-caps make very little sense in that scenario.

They're pretty much similar to an MP5 mag, so any SMG or long pistol mag pouches will do. Or 2 would fit in a single 30rnd 556 mag pouch.

• Supporters

They're absolutely fantastic.

They run on the ASG 11.1V Lipo really well and it fits really easily into the upper receiver.

ASG Support on broken guns aswel is just brilliant:

Customer bought gun from another retailer 6 months ago.

Brought it in to get fixed with us as other retailer was messing around.

ASG gave us the parts to fix it and recovered our labour charge.

They're great left stock

They're even better on the Ceramic bearings and a slightly faster ratio gearset ;)

Edit: If anyone needs help with them, I'd hazard a guess that I've been inside more of them than anyone else in the UK, drop me a PM

• Supporters

Another tip on 'upgrades'

Don't think you'll get more range or accuracy with a different bucking/barrel - you won't.
Don't try and think you know more than ASG on this and try anyway - you don't.

Problems I've seen with them:

The electronics CAN be damaged by short circuit, crossing wires, reversing polarity etc. Don't mess around with them and you'll be fine (they're happy on 11.1V and the electrics will handle 14.8V, but will invalidate warranty)

Gears have broken before, but only with the wrong spring fitted (above M120 and not crimped tighter on guide end)

Thanks Dave, does the faster ration gearbox increase the rounds per second by much ? Also the fitting for the stock - I know it can be removed easily having watched the videos but can you add other stocks on ?

Thanks again for your input

• Supporters

yeah, I mean, the motors they fit as standard are slllooooww (but very good, they don't break and react quickly enough).

If it were mine:

16:1 gearset £20?

Ceramic Bearings £30

Replace standard Cylinder head with a lonex/asg V2 £10 - they seal nicely and a few standard ones from the earlier runs broke

New piston, correct AOE etc. £15

P.head if it needed it (it probably wouldn't)

Bearing Spring guide £15?

Short strike trigger £15-20?

ASG ultimate motor £50

We did a customers out very similar to this and it was Super efficient (like, 8/9Amp draw) without the new motor (budget constraints) and it increased it a little, but the motor on these is the limiting factor really (but I wouldn't want to fit a faster motor without messing around in the gearbox first)

Yes on different stocks, they've just brought out the CNC stock mount for AR type buffer tubes, so you can stick and M4/16 style stock on it. They're £60 for the adapter.

Quick word on the finish and realism of the guns:

The original, first gen that came out, everyone was complaining about the quality and finish on the stock (it being below acceptable level for a £300 AEG). Those stocks were actual CZ scorpion stocks. Airsofters are useless.

and the custom made scorpion evo bags: ASG doesn't make them, CZ does. For the propper ones. just thought that was cool.

Dave......what springs do they come with as standard and what kinda FPS should I be getting Out of the box? Cheers

• Supporters

About M90 and roughly 300fps. M100s tend to run them over 350. ASG saw this and released the Evo specific M95 (with one end tighter to prevent it getting spring bound)

ASG have just consistently hit it out of the park with this AEG. Every time there has been an issue, they have gone and tried to work it out.

Edit: They have also recently redone the Mosfet system.

The old type had pins that were able to be damaged - a la Older ASCU

The new type is a nice plastic covered unit - a la Gen 3+ ASCU

Now, I'm not saying modified ASCU, but modified ASCU.

• 6 months later...

Hi folks,

Just wondering if I could pick your brains a little about the ASG Scorpion Evo, particularly the stock: I'm reading that the stock is pretty solid, when unfolded and locked into position. A couple of people mention they have issues at the hinge, but on the whole the consensus seems to be this is solid, or can be made solid with a little shim.

My question is regarding the extending portion of the stock, the sliding bit, most similar to an M4 stock, if you will.

How much does this portion move / wobble when extended? Is it solid, does it have a little movement, or noticeable wobble / rattle? Say if you were to hold the gun by the front and shake it, would that cause the stock end to move?

If there is movement when extended, how does it compare to say a sliding stock MP5? How does it compare to a normal M4 stock?

Sorry for the list of questions, but I thought it best to thoroughly spell out what I was after.

Thanks!

• Supporters

the oldest ones have a less nice stock (although it IS a real stock) They make their own stocks for them now which are a nicer object, just not 'real steel'

the newerish ones had spring guides that broke relatively often (why we at PB started shipping with the upgraded spring guides)

the newest ones have a steel looking spring guide with shaft on a bushing, no bearings but not gona shit itself and die.

Whilst the stock seems very solid unfolded, and the extending portion is solid back and forth, there's quite a bit of lateral / side to side wobble / rattle. Took a quick video to illustrate what I mean -

Is this normal?

Whilst the stock seems very solid unfolded, and the extending portion is solid back and forth, there's quite a bit of lateral / side to side wobble / rattle. Took a quick video to illustrate what I mean -

Is this normal?

Admittedly you will spend some time with the gun on your sling, but the question is: Is it stable when you're aiming down sights and firing - bearing in mind you will be pulling the gun towards you.

This gun is number 2 on my buy list so I am interested in the answer regarding that gun, but I don't think that's abnormal in airsoft generally.

As I said, while it's not desirable, how is it actually a problem?

It's solid in the shoulder, and stable.

It's no more wobbly than my Ares Amoeba Honey badger type thing. However, as the rest of the gun is so bombproof it seemed a little strange. I was curious if it's the norm as it seemed a wee bit different to the rest of the package.

As for it being a problem, I guess it depends whether rattle bothers you. It doesn't on my honey badger thing, but on this I was hopeful it would be absent.

It's solid in the shoulder, and stable.

It's no more wobbly than my Ares Amoeba Honey badger type thing. However, as the rest of the gun is so bombproof it seemed a little strange. I was curious if it's the norm as it seemed a wee bit different to the rest of the package.

I agree completely, glad to hear it does not affect practical use - which is what I was getting at no matter how convoluted my phrasing was.

Archived