Just made a Silencer for my bar 10!

Dannn

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I used 12mm copper tube about 8" long and cut lots of slots diagonal across it, cut out 4 discs with 12 mm holes in to slip over the copper tube ( 1 each end and 2 as baffles) that were the same diameter as the 35 mm outer tube and fitted all that wrapped in steel wool in the tube about 13" long, made a reducer to fit over the barrel and bingo, working sciencer !

Not filled the stock yet, I'm looking to fit the Mancraft reg and co2 reservoir in a kinda box that I'll make that fits in the stock, but I'm still waiting for it to arrive then I'll add lead to get the balance perfect then finally fol any voids with squirty foam,

• Root Admin

Sounds good. Squirty foam can go badly though - you may just be better off with packing foam as the expensing stuff can screw you over. Depends how careful you're feeling, heh.

One other thing I don't see advised enough is filling the join gap in the stock with something like gel-coat filler before sanding it down and respraying. The stock filling with water when it rains can be a real issue over time, but if you have that camo tape on there it probably won't be an issue anyway.

Sounds good. Squirty foam can go badly though - you may just be better off with packing foam as the expensing stuff can screw you over. Depends how careful you're feeling, heh.

One other thing I don't see advised enough is filling the join gap in the stock with something like gel-coat filler before sanding it down and respraying. The stock filling with water when it rains can be a real issue over time, but if you have that camo tape on there it probably won't be an issue anyway.

I was thinking about using a tiny bead of brown silicone sealant to seal the join off once everything is fitted and fettled, and if I do need to split it till still come apart

• Root Admin

Not filled the stock yet, I'm looking to fit the Mancraft reg and co2 reservoir in a kinda box that I'll make that fits in the stock, but I'm still waiting for it to arrive then I'll add lead to get the balance perfect then finally fol any voids with squirty foam,

Ooo, just coming back here to report on the general consensus from Sniper Forums, which seems to be using this kind of stuff for adding weight over anything solid:

sculpey.jpg

But equally a few saying not to add weight at all as lighter is better. Dunno if that still applies if the CO2 and regulator are going in the stock though as that's some serious weight being applied to the rear.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.