I know it's late but ....

K@rl

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know it's late but would I get away with wearing my Airsoft load out as a halloween costume. I don't care if people ask me "what are u ment to be" but I would care if SO19 turned up coz I was walking to a party with an m4 and 2 glocks.

• Head Moderator

No. Refer to the thread 'Got a question' in the UK Law section posted on 26 October.

No. Refer to the thread 'Got a question' in the UK Law section posted on 26 October.

Thanks. Glad it wasn't only me thinking it tho

• Supporters

Hell, I'm in the U.S. and I wouldn't do that, even with an orange tip, no battery or mag. I wore my kit for Halloween minus the guns, people loved it. I know Halloween is past, but still, don't take them out in public.

• Moderators

not having a go but isn't this one reason for the rules we have to go through to get the RIFs in the first place, being sensible, the VCR et all?,, im surprised people even ask tbh! :) I would never take my shotgun out in public unless I had it in a bag, even then id be worried, so it goes in the boot away from eyes....guy used to cycle through village with his shotgun in his sling over his shoulder when he went pheasant shooting and dog in basket, that was a few years ago.....so it should be covered up when out in public so no one is the wiser

now multitools in public, that's another kettle of fish!

ok a bad day for me so please don't take offense!

I know it's late but would I get away with wearing my Airsoft load out as a halloween costume. I don't care if people ask me "what are u ment to be" but I would care if SO19 turned up coz I was walking to a party with an m4 and 2 glocks.

You're probably not fit to own rifs if you ask such a question dude

Listen it was a general wondering more than somthin I would do. And at Halloween kids walk round with knives guns etc. An am not being funny but u clearly havnt understood the tone in which the question was asked. So go f@ck yourself. And ask ur mum to wipe ur arse.

Listen it was a general wondering more than somthin I would do. And at Halloween kids walk round with knives guns etc. An am not being funny but u clearly havnt understood the tone in which the question was asked. So go f@ck yourself. And ask ur mum to wipe ur arse.

It's difficult to transmit your tone when posting on the internet.

Kids may walk around with fake knives on halloween, however if they walked around with realistic prop/fake/toy weapons they'd be breaching the same laws. "they do it so it must be ok" is a stupid thing to think.

Also had no intention of walking streets with it not any mention of it. We go to a private Halloween party every year.

• Head Moderator

Your initial post mentioned SO19 (MPS firearms) turning up because you was walking with weapons to a party. [[ I cannot use quote function on my laptop]]

So the inference was that you would be out in public with RIFs - which as all have stated is wrong, and is just [insert expression of choice]. I also did not understand the tone, maybe because of how it was written, but then I have the same problem with sometimes lacking subtlety.

I was more wondering y I spend £100 on a costume every year wen I've got a kick ass on for free. Yea would prob have to put gun in a bag on the way there. Or get a taxi. Most of my friends an family already know am a big kid who like to dress up and go pew pew.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.