Berget 14 2016 is anyone going?

Laz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

What are Berget games? Where is it held? Any links?

What are Berget games? Where is it held? Any links?

Massive milsim's done in Sweden, I went to Final Strike in 2012 and it was truly amazing but it does require serious pre-planning and funds. It cost me nearly £600 all in.

http://berget-events.com/

Just be aware the FPS limits are completely different to the UK, hits REALLY hurt. Limit's using 0.2g are:

MED's :

1 metre - up to 355fps semi and full auto.

10 metres - up to 425fps semi and full auto.

15 metres - up to 460fps semi and full auto.

And some exquisitely rare Bolt Actions, with a MED of 40 metres - 690fps.

Massive milsim's done in Sweden, I went to Final Strike in 2012 and it was truly amazing but it does require serious pre-planning and funds. It cost me nearly £600 all in.

http://berget-events.com/

Just be aware the FPS limits are completely different to the UK, hits REALLY hurt. Limit's using 0.2g are:

MED's :

1 metre - up to 355fps semi and full auto.

10 metres - up to 425fps semi and full auto.

15 metres - up to 460fps semi and full auto.

And some exquisitely rare Bolt Actions, with a MED of 40 metres - 690fps.

It's not that painful, most of the players attending these know not to shot you within 5 meters and they normally use their side arm, I go each year to Border War and some other larger European games and never had problems with payers shooting you from close up, but as Giantkiwi said, it can be expensive. BorderWar which is held near Prague with

+3000 people and normally costs me 400 - 500 pounds.

Could you give a rough break down of costs ? I was considering it but at that price I'd think twice about it. No idea there were things like berget elsewhere in Europe though so that's good to know.

Can you dig foxholes and stuff at these events or is it still very mobile?

Could you give a rough break down of costs ? I was considering it but at that price I'd think twice about it. No idea there were things like berget elsewhere in Europe though so that's good to know.

Can you dig foxholes and stuff at these events or is it still very mobile?

I pretty much only go to European games and about twice a year, as most of these games are 3-4 day long and normally +1500 people attending, it gives you more then enough experience to last you a half a year, till you need your next "fix" :D

Berget normally has anywhere between 3000 - 4000 people attending ( if I am correct )

BorderWar has anywhere between 2500 - 3500 people attending ( I go each year, so those figure are correct )

OverLoad is also run by some BorderWar crew, very well thought out game which is on the rise, they normally have 1500 people attending ( cheap game, but far away )

Pathfinder, went last year, interesting as it was set on a ex-military Island with a nice network of bunkers in Croatia, 400 - 500 people attended ( not many people attended, mostly because it was expensive to get there )

TeddyBhoy, in these games you can pretty much do anything you want, if you mean by foxhole that you want to be a sniper and dig your self in somewhere, then yes, I've heard of some snipers on these games that you see them at the beginning of a 4 day even, and then only see them again at the end of the game, they would sleep on the in-game field during the nights :D ( that's just a bit too much for me )

BorderWar is the closes which will be at the end of April, that's set near Prague, Ticket cost is about 70 Euros, I normally drive there as I have a in game vehicle I use, so that's about 150 Pounds one way, and plus the ferry crossing which is about 70 ponds both ways. Thats about 470 but that one person with a car, but if you go with more people then you can easily sprit the costs. A lot of people would fly, so about 90 pounds for the ticket there and back to Prague, hire a car for 4 days about 110 pounds and the game ticket 70 Euros, so about 250 pounds for a single person.

Berget which will be at the end of June is a bit further away, I am still planning that trip, it consist of a ferry from UK to Gothenburg, then from there a 8 hour drive, the 8 hour drive is not that bad on price, but the ferry ticket is a bit expensive, so still looking into some other solutions.

I pretty much only go to European games and about twice a year, as most of these games are 3-4 day long and normally +1500 people attending, it gives you more then enough experience to last you a half a year, till you need your next "fix" :D

Berget normally has anywhere between 3000 - 4000 people attending ( if I am correct )

BorderWar has anywhere between 2500 - 3500 people attending ( I go each year, so those figure are correct )

OverLoad is also run by some BorderWar crew, very well thought out game which is on the rise, they normally have 1500 people attending ( cheap game, but far away )

Pathfinder, went last year, interesting as it was set on a ex-military Island with a nice network of bunkers in Croatia, 400 - 500 people attended ( not many people attended, mostly because it was expensive to get there )

TeddyBhoy, in these games you can pretty much do anything you want, if you mean by foxhole that you want to be a sniper and dig your self in somewhere, then yes, I've heard of some snipers on these games that you see them at the beginning of a 4 day even, and then only see them again at the end of the game, they would sleep on the in-game field during the nights :D ( that's just a bit too much for me )

BorderWar is the closes which will be at the end of April, that's set near Prague, Ticket cost is about 70 Euros, I normally drive there as I have a in game vehicle I use, so that's about 150 Pounds one way, and plus the ferry crossing which is about 70 ponds both ways. Thats about 470 but that one person with a car, but if you go with more people then you can easily sprit the costs. A lot of people would fly, so about 90 pounds for the ticket there and back to Prague, hire a car for 4 days about 110 pounds and the game ticket 70 Euros, so about 250 pounds for a single person.

Berget which will be at the end of June is a bit further away, I am still planning that trip, it consist of a ferry from UK to Gothenburg, then from there a 8 hour drive, the 8 hour drive is not that bad on price, but the ferry ticket is a bit expensive, so still looking into some other solutions.

Sounds like stuff I'd be interested in! I'm going to dip my toes in the water with some milsim here first then I think I might transition to these games . I haven't played a game in around 2 years now due to a hate of normal skirmishes and I've been building up a force recon impression whilst buying loads of weekender related stuff

I wouldn't have factored in car hire, probably why I was so shocked by the price. I was thinking I could get a plane to the nearest airport then a taxi - I must have severely underestimated the distance!

Sounds like a great thing to do when there is a team of you- something else I'll need to get myself :P

You can't say you have an airsoft vehicle and not show us all pictures man, where's the justice ?! ;)

Sounds like stuff I'd be interested in! I'm going to dip my toes in the water with some milsim here first then I think I might transition to these games . I haven't played a game in around 2 years now due to a hate of normal skirmishes and I've been building up a force recon impression whilst buying loads of weekender related stuff

I wouldn't have factored in car hire, probably why I was so shocked by the price. I was thinking I could get a plane to the nearest airport then a taxi - I must have severely underestimated the distance!

Sounds like a great thing to do when there is a team of you- something else I'll need to get myself :P

You can't say you have an airsoft vehicle and not show us all pictures man, where's the justice ?! ;)

I haven't looked into it, but BorderWar might run a Shuttle between the airport and the game area, I definitely know Berget does, you wouldn't be able to take a taxi as the game area is still a hour and half drive away from the airport.

So all in all I have 3 air soft vehicles, and still expanding :D

My first attempt at building a in-car vehicle:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5uamr9ilz4zqzfl/IMG_0348.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/357g4cy77rzp95c/IMG_0020.JPG?dl=0

I brought a boat for the Pathfinder game for Croatia to travel between the islands and in game use for circling the island:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aznbpzengrhldid/IMG_2041.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3olgjao4aecbkn/IMG_2034.jpg?dl=0

My next project for BorderWar 14 2016:

Brought this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u44bu3y8gbakpbc/IMG_2160.jpg?dl=0

Going to repaint it and raise it, and put bull bars on, lights, off road roof rack, etc, it will look close to this once finished (I know my photoshop skills are amazing :P but you get the rough idea )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cze2nmsr7kb7x9/Matt%20Mitsu%20MK3.jpg?dl=0

And I got a privet number plate for it too, which is about to get reregistered:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9w07k1gylos0k8/IMG_2171.jpg?dl=0

That's pretty damn cool to put it lightly lol! No way was I expecting an actual boat - I was expecting a small zodiac or something :P

I take it this means you'll be going to berget as mech inf.?

May now be the most milsim guy on the forum!

I think the last car is crying out for a turret ring mount in the roof of the car and a m249 mounted in it. Could put a hatch across it to seal it like those PMC SUVs. You would have then reached God status ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.