G&G L85a2 mosfet

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I understand the l85a2 from G&G has a piece of wire connected to reduce/stop over spin

Has anyone wired in a mosfet ?? Did you use non brake or active brake fets ??

Cheers guys

• Supporters

if you want a good small cheap non-ab fet:

http://www.firestormsystems.com/shop/electronics/mosfet-switch.html

has thermal cut out - lots of wire and for £10 it is a bargain - highly recomended

(yes you can knock ya own 3034 but for peeps needing just 1 or 2 basic fets - why bother)

was out of stock a couple of weeks back so if you are thinking about it - don't hang around

I'm sure that tiny thing can go almost anywhere in the G&G L85 or Army R85 clone

Cheers duck :) I've got basic fets in my M4 & G36, I use all 3 rifles alot & just want to use them in place of the trigger contacts

• Supporters

basic should be fine as it is a 19 teeth piston as opposed to a normal 16 teeth piston

plus think gears are about 21:1 in them longer boxes - so doubt very much if double cycle ever

They are either v6 or v7 gears so it is very hard to source higher speed gears for L85 or R85's

though somebody on Airsoft Mechanics got it running quicker trigger response using the spur gear

from an expensive Riot/Seigtek v6/7 gear set I remember reading 6 months or so ago - jeez no thanks

and a 19 tooth sr-25 sector to get around the hit n miss R85 pre-cocking problem

(ffs - lot of work but was nutz about trigger response)

Sod all that for breakfast

Nothings broke (yet) so I won't fix it, just want to put in a mosfet as it still works :)

Yep, that's a plus to it :)

I'm just wondering if I need to remove the red wire on the right side front of the box that connects to the negative leg of the motor or would the mosfet bypass that like it does with the trigger contacts

• Supporters

eh ???

negative runs to motor

posi runs to switch and then other switch terminal runs to motor as per all stock setups

negative running to switch - then motor, extra wire - completely new to me ???

bloomin' sure the cheapo R85 clone has just the normal switch setup as above

only odd thing it has is the AR latch release in the magwell coz it tries to pre-cock the long stroke

(often it can play up and people use a normal sector with piston spacer or a sr25 sector (A&K))

got a pic or link to this weird wiring crap ??

just had a looksey about - the G&G with bronzey bushings - wiring goes round the back/lower half of gearbox

Where as the Army Armament R85 6mm bushings - wiring goes round the top or right side of gearbox casing

If it looks like a negative lead goes to switch - it don't in the pics I've seen, might look like it but it just passes by the switch

and goes to motor untouched.

well that is what it seems to me in 2 close up pics of the genuine G&G box

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.