Opinions on JPC?

NiallAckroyd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello.

I've recently been looking at getting a plate carrier and I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on the JPC (not the Crye, the Flyye JPC). I'm around 5'10" and on the skinnier side. Would any of you recommend a JPC or is anything else better or cheaper?

Thanks,

Niall :)

Been looking myself, if you measure your waist size, searching for some plate carriers will be so much easier. Since your 5'10" I'm pretty sure that's more or less irrelevant, I may be wrong, but when looking at plate carriers they give you a rough size guide, and it's all about waist size. Of you're from the UK, go to the website called "Military1st.co.uk" they do free delivery and sell great army clothing & equipment. Here's one that may be good for you, http://www.military1st.co.uk/201042-003-condor-sentry-lightweight-plate-carrier-tan.html.

Goodluck! Let me know if you find any!

Yeah, I was looking at that one aswell, the only gripe I have about that one is there's no cummerbund with webbing, this is the main reason the JPC seems more appealing. I've heard mostly positive things about JPC's and that they're good for smaller players, the only thing I'm really struggling with is which plate size fits best, I'm worried small will be too small as medium looks tiny on most people.

• Head Moderator

A plate carrier is all about protecting your vital organs, heart, lungs, spine. It should be worn high on the chest, and not low down over gut. Waist size is basically irrelevant, it is your chest size that matters, making sure that is properly covered. Larger plates will be heavier in real life but offer more protection than medium. However, this is airsoft and does not really matter whether you have large or small, apart from comfort. You need to be able to sit down without the plate carrier choking you, so a shorter person may have issue with the larger plate being too long. You want fake sapi plates or home made ones to fill the cavity in the carrier to give it the look, add ridigity and actually help support the carrier and your pouches on it. A quick google search 'sapi plate sizing' or similar will reveal lots of information. Even better, get to an airsoft shop and try some on for size, or ask a player in the safe zone at a site if you can try theirs on. Most players are friendly and will help you.

Ive got an LBT PC from Flyye and its well worth buying something of a reasonable quality.

Military 1st do a good range of PCs with sizing choices and explanations.

Warrior are good too.

Make sure you budget for the extra pouches you want as well.

I also bought SAPI plates to fill it out to the correct shape although you can make these yourself out of roll mat if you would prefer.

Been looking myself, if you measure your waist size, searching for some plate carriers will be so much easier. Since your 5'10" I'm pretty sure that's more or less irrelevant, I may be wrong, but when looking at plate carriers they give you a rough size guide, and it's all about waist size. Of you're from the UK, go to the website called "Military1st.co.uk" they do free delivery and sell great army clothing & equipment. Here's one that may be good for you, http://www.military1st.co.uk/201042-003-condor-sentry-lightweight-plate-carrier-tan.html.

Goodluck! Let me know if you find any!

Completely wrong, nothing to do with waist size. Its all about plate size.

from elsewhere "PLATE Carriers are designed to carry PLATES and PLATES ONLY. Thus, they are sized based on the SIZE of the PLATE you wanna carry in it. Don't be surprised if they seem "small" on you, because a 10x12 plate is designed to cover a 10x12 area. Anything larger than that is window dressing that allows you to add more sh*t to the vest."

Front plate: Even with top of the sternum while standing and covering the entirety of each nipple. For best fit, the plate should not impinge on the shoulder when presenting a weapon.

Rear plate: Should lie no lower than an inch below your vertebral prominence. A back plate one size larger than a chest plate is optimal.

Side plates: the higher they ride the better

thorax_anterior.jpg

Hello.

I've recently been looking at getting a plate carrier and I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on the JPC (not the Crye, the Flyye JPC). I'm around 5'10" and on the skinnier side. Would any of you recommend a JPC or is anything else better or cheaper?

Thanks,

Niall

Hello Niall. Likewise, I'm 5' 10" and I'm also a little on the skinny side. I don't have any experience with the JPC, however I have a warrior DCS plate carrier which (for the price) i'd highly recommend! It's very durable, lightweight and compact and honestly it's a solid piece of kit. I know a few other guys on here have one and I'm sure they'll all agree with me on that. It's a great platform to expand from and they come in a variety of camos. UKtac currently have 20% off all warrior products until Wednesday 4th with code WARRIOR20; and that would be a great opportunity to nab an excellent high quality plate carrier! It's at a competative price with the JPC, but personally I've always gone with warrior every time and I stand by their products for reliability. Hope this was a helpful insight into an alternative plate carrier option.

ATB,

Will. :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.