Brand new jg bar 10 won't cock and shoot...

Dannn

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

Usual disclaimer: Send it back.

Can you fire it with the bolt back? (Don't let it slam fire, just see if it releases the spring tension). Is there clearly resistance from the spring when you pull the bolt back? This should allow us to rule out the sear.

• Root Admin

If the spring is compressed and not releasing it's a trigger mech problem usually ;something isn't allowing the sear to displace or there's nothing actuating it. It could be a catastrophic cylinder issue where the piston is completely stuck, but that's very unlikely.

Again, seriously consider sending it back because to fix this you will probably have to void something.

You need to rebuild the trigger mech. Probably just a rogue spring, but it could be that something has snapped and that's why I'd advise you send it back unless you're getting a new trigger mech. This link explains it better than I can: http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/41-vsr-rifles/3165-worstinfinland-s-vsr-10-total-take-apart-guide.html

I had a snapped sear return spring in my VSR the other weekend, meant couldn't cock it, replaced spring with a rubber o-ring and now it works better and smoother than from new! :-)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.